Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
Hi, Can anyone advise us as to how to remove the fridge or at least get to the Spark/igniter. It's a Rapido 709f the fridge is Dometic. we went to light the fridge (on gas of course) but the "flasher" didn't work. we've undone the four screws holding the fridge in the cabinet but cant get it to budge. Any ideas please? Or is there a simpler way to get to the back of the ignition?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi you may be able to get to it through the outside lower vent.
You say you have removed four screws ? try looking inside at the top :thumb: I suspect you may not have seen 2 :Eeek: once you have found / undone them it should pull out easy
terry

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
As Terry said, have a look from outside via the external vent first.

I took our out on the first van and, errr, discovered I could have fixed it in situ:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
you will have to remove the sink to get to the gas surply pipe also the 12/240 surply?
you cannot just pull it out.

chris

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Check it has not been sealed in place, Mine looks as though it has sealer run round the back (seen from inside the outside covers - if that makes sense) to stop draughts getting in maybe.

OP
OP
J

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
Thanks to you all for your advice. Removed back panel and took out 2 screws this enabled release. then disconnected gas pipe. Checked all wiring with meter all OK. Tried again and it worked. Replaced everything, went to light it again and nothing! :swear:Then a little light bulb switched on in my head. A few days ago the selection knob(elec/batt/gas) had somehow fallen off. We had pushed it back on not giving another thought, :Doh: but yesterday on closer inspection we found a small split where it fits on to the "spindle" thus it was slipping slightly and not stopping where it should. We turned it with a pair of pliers and Bingo. Lesson learned. All we need now is a new knob.:thumb:

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
quote [All we need now is a new knob.] quote

:cry:There are a few of us out there who could do with one of them:cry:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
J

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
new knob

It's a little grey one with a pointer on!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
Its really important that you know what your doing when removing a fridge. For example some fridges have to be room sealed to prevent carbon monoxide and fumes entering the van.

When you put it back you must test for gas leaks. I do this as part of my job and even I get leaks sometimes.

By all means work on your own vehicles but please take care with gas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back