Removing Fridge, help!

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Sulli_Clan, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Sulli_Clan

Sulli_Clan Read Only Funster

I have removed all of the retaining screws, as far as I can see, 4 at the sides of the fridge, 2 possibles at the back of the freeze as well as removing the vent covers and external flue attachment. Try as I might I cannot get it out. I have managed a bit of movement at the bottom but it just won't come out. I can't see any more fixings. Help!
    I have photos but can't post at present....

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Some of them can be real barstewards to move, I did one in a caravan at the Newbury show and it took the owner and myself over half an hour of pulling/pushing/swearing etc plus removeing the sink from above the fridge. The reason it was so difficult turned out to be the sealing tape down the sides of the fridge had caught on the cabinet sides during original installation and literally glued it in place, it hadn't been out in over ten years! Make sure you've disconnected the electrics and gas feed too.

D.

3. Sulli_Clan

I see what you are saying, it really is a bastard, nowhere to grip it, it's a very tight fit, and won't budge.
    I watched a youtube instructional that suggested sliding it out until top panel accessible, say out 12", then undo electric and gas and remove fridge before bench testing. To be honest the feeds are impossible to remove until you have access from top, when fridge is outa bit.

4. Sulli_Clan

5. nunny666

nunny666

Might seem silly ,have you disconnected gas , prob at top you can access via rear vent

6. Terry

Terry Funster

May I suggest you push a saw down each side -not to cut but feel if there are any screws left or you may be able to feel whats holding it in place ;)
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  7. trevosky

trevosky Read Only Funster

How about the possibility of gas pipe etc being clipped tight to side of whatever is next to fridge?

8. nunny666

nunny666

Removed mine few week ago got to electric connections from bottom vent , and gas connection top vent hope this helps

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

oh the hours of swearing and pulling on fridges over the years. they are meant to be a good snug fit to help with sealing etc. best tool in my kit for getting out a stuck fridge is a flat steel pry bar. remove screws inside fridge and flue (where fitted) and covers. place flat bar under front edge of the fridge (not the door) and ease it upwards a few mm and out a bit at a time. when you can get to the electrical and gas connectors disconnect them (of course the ehu and gas are both off anyway)

some of the worst to take out are the ones played with by owners to stop draughts, using duct tape

• Like Like x 1