Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
hi again
I just wondered if anyone knew how to remove the cab seat covers as I would like to clean them.
I have trawled the Internet but couldn't find any help.

Many thanks

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
What base vehicle. If it is a ducato they are easy. They are held in with someting similar to a piece of plastic binder like you use to hold A4 sheets of paper together when you make a presentation.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mikeh71

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sorry, yes I forgot to mention it is a Fiat Ducato. I have removed the arm rests and can see that Velcro holds the back but not sure of the base

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
The base is held on by a U shaped piece of plastic. The U is unequal the longer edge is sewen the the seat cover it then simply clips over the sheet metal of the seat base. If you folow the fabric down the seat squab and put your hand under the seat you should feel the end of the trim. Press down on the side of the seat base and you will be able to unclip it.

Upvote 0

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Sorry, yes I forgot to mention it is a Fiat Ducato. I have removed the arm rests and can see that Velcro holds the back but not sure of the base
Do me a favour Mike. When you get the covers off, just let me know how the armrest's are secured please?? Is it a fixed nut into the side supports?? Ta. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Well I have got three of the armrest covers off but the fourth one I can't get the adjuster out and my fingers are sore now so will try again tomorrow.
The seat back looked like it was Velcro fastened but there is some sort of bar in the folds of the bottom of the seat back. Still struggling with the seat base and it looks like previous owners have given up. Did you manage to get the seat back covers off?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back