Removable VESA part to bracket? (1 Viewer)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Our tv is on a triple arm bracket on the side of a top locker so it can be watched from the over cab bed, or the dinette.

Trouble is, when watching it from the dinette we get horribly stiff necks, as it's too high.

Now the bracket itself is quite nifty, as you can simply lift the tv off the end, as the VESA plate is in two parts allowing this.

So -- what I'd like to do is fix another, identical bracket to the underside of the locker over the side seat so we can simply move the tv from one bracket to the other - simples!

But can I find one? Can I 'eck as like!

If I have to buy two new brackets that wouldn't be so bad I suppose, but the only ones I have seen have the whole arm removable from the wall mount, not the tv end.

Hope that makes sense. Anyone any ideas?

Steve :Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Can you adapt Link Removed to your arm set up
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks guys!

Was thinking about something like that one, Geo, but andyman has found the very thing I've got on my tv already! Well done that man! Your ebay-foo is obviously much better than mine! :roflmto:

Now need a good bracket that tucks away neatly under the locker when not in use...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I suggest one of these would fit the bill for under the locker:

Link Removed

or

Link Removed

We used the first type in our Rimor motorhome but installed it 'upside down' as it was fastened so it sat on the upperside of the shelf which ran full length at the end of the transverse bed as there wasn't room to mount the TV anywhere else due to the shelf anyway. The bracket with the TV attached rested upright against the wall when not in use (a securing strap was put on it) and when we wanted to watch TV we just tilted it forward and slightly down and it worked a treat. The bracket has a securing 'clip' which will keep the TV flat up against the base of the locker when travelling if required.

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Minx, thought they'd be the answer, but then realised my lockers have fairly deep pelmets, so I'd not be able to clip the tv on and off the bracket.

Only answer I can think of is to mount the bracket on a thick piece of wood to bring it below the pelmet, but that would look horrible.

Thinking maybe of just mounting the tv to a flat bracket fixed to the wall under the locker, and covering it with a picture when the tv's not on the bracket!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Ok, have found, and taken a punt on this one.

Have measured up, and with any luck when it's bolted to the underside of the locker, the clearances will be ok to enable me to clip the tv onto the bracket and also for the tv top to clear the bottom of the locker pelmet when the bracket is swung down.

Fingers crossed!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back