Remote Controled Planes. (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Helicopters for me, far more fun but it`s amazing how much your garden shrinks when you fire up a 600 class.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Ouch! I have several helicopters in various states of, well, busted lol

I feel your pain and your frustration
you are not alone!! and now I know I'm not I feel a lot better:)

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
We used the numbered peg system.....if the peg for your frequency wasnt on the pegboard you didnt turn on your tranny.

And you double checked by looking for the colour of flags on the end of any antenna, even if it was laying on the ground, it might be turned on and I always flew with yellow, 27.145mhz. Gods earth I’m getting old . :gum:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Not been involved for year's, I loved it But Mrs D not so much(n) last two I had & flew Gangster 63 & Curare, show's how long ago it was:eek:

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have often wondered whether my experience of flying full-size aircraft (5,000+ hours) is transferable to RC. I assume the RC aircraft are less stable and more 'twitchy' on the controls.

Any comments please?

Geoff

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have often wondered whether my experience of flying full-size aircraft (5,000+ hours) is transferable to RC. I assume the RC aircraft are less stable and more 'twitchy' on the controls.

Any comments please?

Geoff
Flying a real airplane is easier because you are allways behind the controls looking forwards, whereas model flying you have to know if you are going away or towards yourself and adjust your thinking on the sticks.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Flying a real airplane is easier because you are allways behind the controls looking forwards, whereas model flying you have to know if you are going away or towards yourself and adjust your thinking on the sticks.
The cosequences of getting it wrong are a bit more drastic when you are in it!!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for your replies so far.I did have a go on a simulator but not for me ended upside down every time.
I was going to suggest a simulator! BUT if you keep crashing on the simulator then you are going to struggle with a real one. :)
As I am sure has already been suggested you could make contact with a local club. There may be someone who will get your model into the air then hand over control to you for a while at a safe altitude then land it for you then work upwards from there.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Call me old fashioned but expecting to be able to fly a model aeroplane without tuition is just daft :rolleyes:

Get some instruction and you will save money and enjoy it more (y)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Taught my self with a RC auto-gyro just to get the basics then moved on to fixed wing trainer & progressed from there, living out in the sticks no club's & new of no one else in the area, needs must.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back