Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
we have one of the Halogen cookers; once you've "read the instructions "! :whistle: impressed
I use and prefer my halogen oven ,its not too big 7ltre and 800 w so very useable in motorhome..cost £29.99 in Wilkinsons two years ago. Also have a little 3ltre slow cooker ..fill it in morning ,switch it to low .eat in evening no hassle. Roy

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
[

It works just like an oven Eddie so I would think it could do anything an oven does.

We have the large one at home and Isabel usually cooks the Sunday roast in it along with plenty of roasties.
Plenty big enough to feed 4.

We have the small one in the van which we mainly use for baked potatoes or sometimes cottage pie.

I really can't think of a downside with them, except according to @Jim its easy to smash the lid:whistle2:
Because of this thread, we bought on last November. Really pleased with it, have cooked loads in it, admittedly mostly in the house, playing with it

Off Saturday to Birmingham for the NEC and will be there until a week Sunday so planned a couple of 'Remoska' meals. Lyn, still thinks it's another gimmick that I buy for the Motorhome!

I'll show her

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Never owned one, sensibly what can you cook in one? The reason that I ask is that we have a huge electric oven in the RV, which means either hook up or genny running. We have had the van three years now, and for three years I have been promising Lyn that I would install a gas oven as she calls the electric one "that stupid thing" I have fitted every toy imaginable, yet just don't seem to get round to fitting the oven lol

Would this save me installing a gas oven? I assume that I could run it from my on board inverter, we certainly have a big enough battery bank at circa 850Ah, but, If I invest in one Lyn will see it as a cop out if it doesn't work! My name will be mud!

Can you heat pasties, pies and pizza for example? without them ending up soggy? could you cook a chicken and some roasties if you had the bigger one?

And reviews welcomed

Ta
xx
Hi, you will obviously still need electric for the Remoska but yes it will reheat, as to roasting a chicken and potatoes at the same time-the Remoska will roast both but the spuds won't crisp up because of the liquid content from the chicken!
I love my Remoska and use it for everything but you maybe better off getting the gas oven sorted!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Electric is no problem as the Reoska runs happily on the from my inverter

To be honest it is Lyn being a Luddite and wanting a gas oven as we've always had one

The Dometic cook centre is an a,a zing piece of technology, it's just not gas lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back