Oct 15, 2015
Dudley, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1985
To answer the question:
The smaller remoska will roast half a chicken or a joint for 2 very nicely (for slow cooking I go for one the top 'stew' style). Lower voltage so more possible using an inverter and less likely to trip a plug in. It is fine for baked potatoes as well as cakes and small loaves of bread too. often worth putting a tin foil 'lid' on things to stop the top from burning.

Seine

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Autotrail
Exp
Hello Funsters,

We have three of them, all bought at Lakeland, its a shop that is very good, any trouble with anything bought from them is one good company to use, as I said we three Remoska,s you can cook anything in them, in our van we keep the medium one, the new ones come
with a stand that is not wire but ceramic, which is very good.
BUY ONE AND BE HAPPY.

Seajay

Banned
Nov 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
C L Meridien
Exp
since 2000
I had the big one with the glass porthole, bought it years ago from Lakeland and a few weeks ago the element went U/S.....I just called them up to see if they could sell me a new element, they replied that the don't supply spares but would either refund the cost of a new one, or send me a new one FOC....They sent a courier to pick up the knackered one which was very old, and couriered me the latest one a week later!....Brilliant firm to deal with, top marks all round....Ps..they even sent me a brand new rack to go inside as I had sent the old one back accidentally inside the returned one...:whistle:(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Likewise. We had the old glass lid type. Problem seems to be that as they get older the seal must go and condensation meant that, when used at home, it would trip the electrics. Obviously didn't want that happening on site! Phoned Lakeland who refunded the cost of the, now three year old, glass lid one against the new version. We think the new one is much improved. Great company to deal with.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I had the big one with the glass porthole, bought it years ago from Lakeland and a few weeks ago the element went U/S.....I just called them up to see if they could sell me a new element, they replied that the don't supply spares but would either refund the cost of a new one, or send me a new one FOC....They sent a courier to pick up the knackered one which was very old, and couriered me the latest one a week later!....Brilliant firm to deal with, top marks all round....Ps..they even sent me a brand new rack to go inside as I had sent the old one back accidentally inside the returned one...:whistle:(y)
That's interesting, I've heard from others, and been told in the local shop myself, that they will only allow the original cost of the old one against a new one - basically if the last selling price of the old model was £130, they would allow that against a new one and you'd have to pay the difference - so how did you managed to get a new one without having to do this?

juleshe

Free Member
Jun 14, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to confuse you using the word refunded. They did exactly as you have stated.

Deleted User
Unpacked ready to test. Our instruction booklet has English instructions for use, but no recipes in English, just CZ and SK :(
Have to wait for Lakeland cook book to arrive :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Deleted User
Nige made a chicken shepherds pie last night to test ours, very yummy :)
We like one pan meals, the ones that are rice based ( we use the old el Paso kit)
Does anyone know if this type of thing would work in the Remoska? Nige is unsure as the pan ones require stirring.
thanks

Lin :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Really good for one pan meals - potatoes, carrots, onions with chicken pieces on top - yum! So good for cooking meat that we now use one at home as well as in the motorhome - it does brown but without drying (y)

Deleted User
Really good for one pan meals - potatoes, carrots, onions with chicken pieces on top - yum! So good for cooking meat that we now use one at home as well as in the motorhome - it does brown but without drying (y)
Have you done with rice?

Thanks Lin

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
How were the brownies?

The brownies were more like rock cakes :rolleyes: but everything else we've used it for over past few nights has turned out great. Being able to get everything in the one pot is brilliant. Roasted veg turn out great, as did salmon fillets and some chicken in a bbq sauce. Trying some scones later!
Dave and Ginny :):):)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
For the Remoska:
Chicken thighs or 1/4's sit on root veg, stock cube, not too much water (or wine) cook for 30-40 mins, thicken juices for gravy!
Chopped Chicken, rice, jar of Aldi's Tikka Masala or Jalfrezi sauce, 1/2 jar of water, cook 40 mins, stir twice, serve with poppadoms
'Boiled' fruit cake, 45-50 mins, cover with foil for last 15 mins.
Look at the 'user recipes-Remoska' on Internet.
2 ltr/standard is plenty big enough for two. I've had a standard for about 12 years or more now!
The old standard is slightly taller than the new one-internally-you will need to cover some things with foil in the new one, I'm sticking to my old one and I have one in reserve in case!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Have you not got an electric oven? Just purchased s/h Remoska on E.Bay,,£50 with postage,,,all ready had a bollocking from Jane,,,,BUSBY:):)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Have you not got an electric oven? Just purchased s/h Remoska on E.Bay,,£50 with postage,,,all ready had a bollocking from Jane,,,,BUSBY:):)

I should think so too! You could have had a new one direct from Czechoslovakia for £79!

One of our best purchase's ever and been used loads of times the past 3 months in Spain. You can cook just about anything in it!

Seine

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Autotrail
Exp
We've met a number or fellow Funsters that swear by their Remoska's, so we've decided to get one to fill that gap we have when we feel the need of something other than BBQ or grilled! (No fitted oven).

I've been having a look; there seems to be two sizes, the Grand which is 4ltr capacity and 29cm or the standard which is 2ltr and 22cm. What's the best one to go for? It is just the two of us and I'm sure the larger size would be better for a roast but is it then too big for a one pot curry or similar meal?

Also, has anyone used Alza.co.uk? In looking at prices they seem to offer absolute bargains like this Broken Link Removed.

Any advice before buying will be most welcome as always :)
well I have three of them, the Grand which along with the small one I use at home, and the Standard in the Motorhome, my standard one sits in a bakalite base.
The Remoska is very good I use ours in or outside while away or at home.

Seine

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class Autotrail
Exp
AS above.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I should think so too! You could have had a new one direct from Czechoslovakia for £79!

One of our best purchase's ever and been used loads of times the past 3 months in Spain. You can cook just about anything in it!
But thats £30 i can spend on a few Spanish meals....BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back