Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've just been away for over 6 weeks didn't run the heating until last 3 days. Did all the cooking in Remoska or BBQ a few nights on Aires gas for heating water occasionally and cooking some veg. Didn't even use one bottle of gas during the whole 6 weeks.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We have 3 standard remoskas 2 in the house and one in the van and are always being used. The only other thing you need is a skillet for use on the gas.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We also used Alza very efficient and arrived quickly. Standard more than enough for two!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
What will hold a lot will hold a little, however storage space dictates and therefore I have the small version. Had it for years and only problem is what to do with the top when serving. The new version has a better stand.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We have the large Remoska, old type with window in lid, it is great for some things, but couple of things that I don't like about it, breakfasts tend to sweat and I am always trying to soak up fat / water. It takes a long time to get breakfast on the table too.

I have managed to burn myself a few times on the lid. We stand it on a thin wooden board that a friend made for us.

I find it large to juggle on the worktop if you are trying to cook something stage by stage and awkward in a confined space.

Suppose it depends what you cook really.

It does cook brilliant Pizza at home though and for that reason alone I wouldn't sell it, kids love to make their own concoctions and its quite relaxing to just chop up lots of things and let them get on with their creations.

We bought the cobblestone type cobb and loved it as a relaxing cooking experience but some meals did take a long time. We uprated it to a gas cobb and if you are cooking outside it is fantastic, very quick or slow as you like and easy to clean. Just goes in the dishwasher when we get home. Our friends who came with us in the summer reckoned it was better than the Cadac and are getting one themselves.

I now have a Redmond Multicooker for motorhome for the two of us in winter and Uk and find that ideal for us for most things. The hinged lid means I haven't burnt myself! Don't think you would get a large roast in it though! Pros and cons to everything.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Um very tempted to order one now David, especially as you can bake cakes and such, Nige won't bake when away as uses too much gas so this could be ideal.

Lin :)

Well if you 'go for it' Lin, don't forget to sign up for the newsletter and get an extra fiver off. It was Ian and Elspeth that put us onto one at Benicarlo when she was baking in it...the smells were to die for!

Deleted User
Well if you 'go for it' Lin, don't forget to sign up for the newsletter and get an extra fiver off. It was Ian and Elspeth that put us onto one at Benicarlo when she was baking in it...the smells were to die for!
Nige has just ordered one and got the £5 off :)
Will have to get the cook book from Lakeland now :)

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Got me worried for a moment Eddie, I thought LIDL had come up with their own Remoska look-a-like! Yes, can't beat them and I can go into one in any country and virtually go around with my eyes closed :giggler:.

but don't it do same thing? educate me please...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I could be wrong, but I think the LIDL one heats from below whereas the Remoska heats from above so one can roast, bake etc and the other can't...maybe?

Brand snob maybe?:D its say it is a 6 way cooker including roasting? I might pop in on Monday and give it a look over..will bring a screwdriver:giggle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks for the replies which confirmed it was worth going for...if just for the occasional gravy roast dinner! NO MORE COOKING APPLIANCES that's it we should manage every occasion!

1. Cadac Safari Chef
2. LIDL Florabest charcoal BBQ
3. Slow Cooker
4. Steamer
5. Camping gaz single portable burner
6. Remoska

And all in a tiny Hymer...and we're still underweight! (which I should never have told Ginny!) o_O.
You need a pressure cooker ... brilliant bit of kit, wouldn't be without mine!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
@Judgemental

We've got one of these 8 in 1 cookers but haven't been brave enough to try roasting/baking anything yet. I'd love to be able to do jacket spuds.

It's great as a slow cooker, large frying pan and steamer though.

Here's a video:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Judgemental

We've got one of these 8 in 1 cookers but haven't been brave enough to try roasting/baking anything yet. I'd love to be able to do jacket spuds.

It's great as a slow cooker, large frying pan and steamer though.

Here's a video:

That looks the same sort of thing...have you noticed if walls warm up or only the base?

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
That looks the same sort of thing...have you noticed if walls warm up or only the base?

It consists of a pan sitting on top of elements positioned in the base.

It stays pretty cool all round the outside.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Forgot to say, if you want to be 'square' there's this one too, which is very similar in 'operation' but is square and has the glass 'porthole' in the lid so you can see things cooking - slightly larger capacity than the grand Remoska but being square probably no more difficult to store and it comes with a 2 year warranty too.

https://www.alza.co.uk/eta-0133-90000-d1562027.htm?catid=18851656

ImgW.ashx

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
The Silvercrest 6-in-1 is 1500w so IMV a bit too power hungry for a MH really.

The standard Remoska is 400w and the grand Remoska is 580w ... if you want to have a 'bling' one to be different to your friends you can get a gold one but it's more expensive and the photos on that page show blue and red ones too!

https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r22ts-grand-teflon-select-champagne-gold-d2276756.htm?catid=18854015

That wattage info is a good point...we tried a few times last year in Spain with a LIDL griddle rated at 1 to 2k and it would blow the trip at most of the sites we used. It's in the back of the garage now. I would think even the lowest rated EHU could cope with 580w :rolleyes:.

OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Forgot to say, if you want to be 'square' there's this one too, which is very similar in 'operation' but is square and has the glass 'porthole' in the lid so you can see things cooking - slightly larger capacity than the grand Remoska but being square probably no more difficult to store and it comes with a 2 year warranty too.

https://www.alza.co.uk/eta-0133-90000-d1562027.htm?catid=18851656

ImgW.ashx

That's interesting; Remoska have now done away with the glass lid which I suspect some users who have that version will say is a step back as you can no longer see whats going on and have to take the lid off and loose heat now. We did look on ebay to get an older version, trouble is they are as or more expensive than buying a new one from these suppliers. This one looks a nice bit of kit to be honest!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's interesting; Remoska have now done away with the glass lid which I suspect some users who have that version will say is a step back as you can no longer see whats going on and have to take the lid off and loose heat now. We did look on ebay to get an older version, trouble is they are as or more expensive than buying a new one from these suppliers. This one looks a nice bit of kit to be honest!
Yup, that's what I thought - I spotted the square one earlier this year and I'm sure I put a link/picture of it on previously but suppose people were wary of buying abroad then.

Tefal also do (or did) a version called a 'roast and bake' which had the advantage of having an adjustable temperature.

Also there was one called a Kooltron which was identical to the original Remoskas (with the glass in the lid).

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
We use a halogen oven have done since they first came out. The ones with the big glass bowl and the light in the lid. It cooks everything superbly. They are so good we use one in the house it even has a rotisserie for air frying bought off one of the telly channels think it was £49 delivered to Ireland. One in the van bought off ebay £26. it has an easy replace bulb, recommend one of these as when the bulb goes they are so hard to change you may as well sling it. It does everything a conventional over will do only faster and is dead easy to clean. We have travelled all over Europe with it and have only been on one site where it popped the electric.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
When cooking Chicken we just make a tin foil envelope by folding the tin foil 4 times, fold the the edges over twice, open up place chicken breasts inside with some chopped garlic, cube of butter, slat n pepper and white wine, seal envelope place in pre heated Remoska for 40 mins, yummy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back