Remis Remifront 11 Blinds

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by pamie, May 9, 2015.

1. pamie

pamie

Hello does any one know of any videos or easy instructions on how to fit these blinds Remis Remifront 11 cab blinds Fiat Ducato 94-06 the instructions i have are not that clear, can't wait to have these fitted going to be so much better than the curtains love it!!!!

2. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

• Like Like x 1
  3. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

once you get started they are very easy instructions are the worst part of it

• Like Like x 1
  4. pamie

pamie

Thank you bertiebasset i can't get to the page you have put a link to its not being found

5. pamie

pamie

Got it thank you very much its the same as i have but 100 times bigger now its on the laptop Thank you at least i can get cracking on the front window can't do the sides yet they sent the wrong ones they sent for a Merc sprinter not a Ducato the front is right gotta love em

6. rosalan

rosalan Funster

I cheated and had them fitted by my dealer, who is very experienced, he said they were very difficult to fit but still made a good job of it.
    Warning; these blinds are excellent but parts are hard to get and they are not strong, use them with care.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

after reading the instructions i was dreading fitting them but once started under 2 hours job done mines the later fiat but dont think they can be much different

• Like Like x 1
  8. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

they are good but the noises they make when driving boil my piss

• Like Like x 1
  9. pamie

pamie

oh dear it took me a long time to get him to have these if they are going to be noisy he is going to go loop de loop can you pin point the bit that makes the noise perhaps i could pad it as i fit

10. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I paid extra when I had my IH built I wish I had had a curtain like in the old one as the plastic creaks on mine and REALLY annoys you when the rest of the van is so quiet

11. pamie

pamie

i will take a good look at it as it is fit there must be ways to stop it creaking, is it more the doors as the front is fit into the frame of the cab

12. bertiebasset

bertiebasset Funster

Mine were fitted when we bought the van (used) and have not noticed any noise at all from them. The radio is turned up high to cover the engine/road noise so possibly drowns out any noise from the blinds.
    As for spares,, one of the side locking clips for the front blind when open was missing when we purchased the van, sent an email to remis saying I could'nt source these and they sent me 2 in the post FOC but must admit, having taken down the front blinds twice now (to fit dash-cam and reversing mirror monitor) they do seem flimsy but are surprisingly robust.
    We have curtains and blinds but the curtains are rarely used.
    As an aside, before collecting the van I went out on a shopping spree and bought some internal silver screens,, now surplus as they do not fit very well because of the remis blinds.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pamie

pamie

Thats the answer put the radio on as soon as we set off and he will never notice!!!!! we have external and internal silver blinds which came with the van never used the internal ones they are so big and take up loads of room

14. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Following with interest as we a thinking about having them fitted too. Currently use internal silver screen, but a pain to stick up and bulky to store.
    Would the Remis blinds alone be enough in cold weather?
    Been quoted 599 + vat for our MH company to fit them.
    Seen them to buy for 475 so wondering if best to do ourselves?

Lin

• Like Like x 1
  15. trophychap

trophychap Funster

@Milliemobile There is very little thermal value in Remis Blinds. You would find it much better to buy a set of external Silverscreens. No condensation on your screen even in the depths of winter.

They are quick to put on and take off and fold up quite small they come in a bag and are easy to stow away in a locker or garage.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

Yes would probably go for that option, spend most if time away in mainland Europe, so hopefully won't need to worry too much, the Remis blinds seem so much easier to whip up, esp with the dogs like when we go into supermarket, so can trade off the lack of insulation.
    Once fitted I assume you can't remove to put on another van, without leaving visible damage?

Lin

17. pamie

pamie

they go by size to different sorts of van when i sent for mine the front came as a ducato but they sent the wrong sides they sent for a merc they have to go back, they go by year of van as well, we plan to have these all summer but go back to outside silver for the winter

• Like Like x 1
  18. pamie

pamie

I am putting the remis blinds on for the summer, when it was very hot last year and had to put the external blinds on to cool the van down it was horrid so dark up the front and on off on off what a pain, and i hate the curtain going across it makes our cab seats unusable

• Like Like x 1
  19. Milliemobile

Milliemobile Funster

let us know how you get on with the fitting will decide if can risk Nige fitting some on ours or paying extra for the MH company to do :)

Lin

20. pamie

pamie

well i am going to do it myself (pamie) so if i can do it anyone can!!!! the correct sides should arrive tomorrow so hopefully have it done soon

• Like Like x 1