Remis front: different versions (Ducato 2011) (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Been looking at getting some Remis blinds for the cab, front and side. But noticed 2 different versions, 1 that opens across the screen and join in the middle (lools like a VW split screen) and another that is a single blind that stores at the bottom and pulls upwards.

Anyone know the pros and cons and if the 2 versions actually exist, maybe these are just some old pics on websites ?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
we have the pull across ones and not had any problems except the initial cost on hind sight cutains would do the same job cheaper but they do look nice and very easy to fit think i fitted the three in less than an hour

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
we have the pull across ones and not had any problems except the initial cost on hind sight cutains would do the same job cheaper but they do look nice and very easy to fit think i fitted the three in less than an hour

We have curtains and keep seeing peoples Remis and think how easy they look to use plus it adds cab space vs the curtains that hang over the seats.

Roughly what did they cost ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time

I too have the remis that pull across from each side of the window
What I will say is the plastic is of extremely poor quality, the side blinds cannot be tightened to the doors or the plastic just pulls straight through, I have added washers to counteract this but you still have to watch the tightness, also there are two types of door blind, the old type which I have is a two piece blind and the new type is one piece which covers both door windows on one side in one blind

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have had both types, the pull up one on my last Dethleffs and the side to side joining in the middle ones on my current Rapido.

Either are good but the pull up one is threaded with cords in the frame, a bit like a sash window. These break quite easily and are a major problem to replace. The side to side ones have nothing much to go wrong but are not as good thermally.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back