Remis Front Blinds Sticking Together (2 Viewers)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Any tricks to get the front blinds apart. Seems like they magnetise together and are very hard to pull apart especially when its been hot (MH faces the sun). Closing them is no problem they click together but trying to prise them apart is impossible, tried to pull from the gap around the mirror, pulling the handles just seems to pull the handles off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Must admit that ours sometimes don't want to stick together but it's more to do with just not having them meeting quite right ... our solution is a piece of shock cord elastic (like you get through the centre of tent poles) tied into a loop and put over the 2 handles ... better than not having it on as sometimes they decide to let go on their own and it don't half scare the **** out of you when they do!:D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
MichaelT

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
So bit of an update, went to the van this morning, blinds have been shut all week and as it was early the sun had not got on the front and it was fairly cool and hey presto the blinds opened very easily so this leads me to believe that the issue is the hot sun being on them all day and not a defect.

In answer to a few comments regarding the quality etc. of these blinds having never had anything else I think they are great and much neater than curtains etc but I know no different :) and we have silver screens but they are not recommended for long term use I believe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In answer to a few comments regarding the quality etc. of these blinds having never had anything else I think they are great and much neater than curtains etc but I know no different :) and we have silver screens but they are not recommended for long term use I believe.

My silver screens been on my van for 4yrs only use blinds on 1 nighters still going strong !

I think MichaelT means not leaving them on ALL the time, ie for days/weeks on end without removing them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back