Remember The Motorhome We Fell in Love With? (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
She doesnt have to report it, you can contact HER insurance company and report it for her
We gave the details to our insurance company (Highway/LV) and they did the rest. We were paid for the written off van in only 6 weeks but we found a year later that the insurance company of the second person to hit it (Churchill) took about a year to settle up with them.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes we got the photos but I am always worried when insurance companies get involved. Lawyers who argue the toss at £200 per hour - scarey

& that is the rate that you should tell your insurance company that you will be charging through them to the other party for all the time that you are without use of the vehicle & contacting/replying to any correspondence. :sneaky::xThumb:
+vat if you're registered.x:-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
& that is the rate that you should tell your insurance company that you will be charging through them to the other party for all the time that you are without use of the vehicle & contacting/replying to any correspondence. :sneaky::xThumb:
+vat if you're registered.x:-)
That's a good point. Some years ago (when we were more naive) one of our sons had his car written off. We had it brought onto our land to reduce costs and the insurance company took advantage by dragging its feet. When I realised what was happening and wrote telling them there would be a storage charge of £x a day they soon collected it.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
So sorry to hear about this.

Contact her insurers direct, a reputable insurer will try to sort things out quickly as they prefer to capture the claim rather than deal with other insurers or claims management companies who can over inflate the claim. If you use a claims management company be aware that, their charges and expenses would be due from you personally, if they fail to recover from the other insurer!
Many people have received massive bills for like for like car rental as a result of using what they thought was a free service.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
indeed! you have to be so careful with claim management companies - I would not use one personally!

I had a similar situation years ago when I had demountable campers. my truck was driven into by a young idiot who did not see a large 4x4:rolleyes:

full of apology at the time then changed his tune when not face to face (many do this!)

luckily he had a GOOD insurance company. offered a replacement hire car immediately, I said no just want a motorhome for planned trip to Spain next month. they hired us a large CB, paid for taxi to drive me to oxford to collect and return it. and we had our holiday

that was straight forward as I was on main road and he came out of a minor junction and straight into side of me. with a face on crash situation you really need traffic police out to back up your claim....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thought in last post that the OP stated the police & ambulance were there ?

Yep, here we go ;

" I phoned him while we were with the police/ambulance to let him know the situation and that we may not make our appointment."

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
note to self: please pay attention!:LOL:

Personally would not have budged! I would have been stuck in seat awaiting ambulancc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back