Remapping...first experience (1 Viewer)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We had our Fiat 2.3 130bhp done at 8000 miles, the difference wasn`t noticed straight away but over a time, memory says somewhere around 500 to 700 miles.
Before the remap we were getting around 24mpg, when you came to any sort of hill you were up and down the box to keep the motor going, after the remap 27mpg to 30mpg became the norm and it now cruises up hills with ease, at worse having to slip into 5th.
The motorhome is now a pleasure to drive, whereas before it was a bloody pain, we are rated at 3850kg on a 24ft van so well happy with Diesel Bobs efforts.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
We had our Fiat 2.3 130bhp done at 8000 miles, the difference wasn`t noticed straight away but over a time, memory says somewhere around 500 to 700 miles.
Before the remap we were getting around 24mpg, when you came to any sort of hill you were up and down the box to keep the motor going, after the remap 27mpg to 30mpg became the norm and it now cruises up hills with ease, at worse having to slip into 5th.
The motorhome is now a pleasure to drive, whereas before it was a bloody pain, we are rated at 3850kg on a 24ft van so well happy with Diesel Bobs efforts.

That’s what I’m finding, I have the 150bhp so you would think it would be better, most to the time it’s great but come to an incline and it just really slows down while I’m on cruise and then I have to take over the control to either drop gears and accelerate more... (n)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
That’s what I’m finding, I have the 150bhp so you would think it would be better, most to the time it’s great but come to an incline and it just really slows down while I’m on cruise and then I have to take over the control to either drop gears and accelerate more... (n)
Well, it would help if you could reach the accelerator shorty. :whistle:

Just Sayin....:imoutahere:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
E18E2CF7-D805-424F-A882-90FFB7DE7083.jpeg

Had our Touareg “done” for 300bhp. 8 speed auto.
Wish I could fit it in our camper:):):)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.

We know Cornwall well, my wife Chris is from Falmouth so the A30 is a regular trip for us, before we had the remap those hills killed the motor making the last leg of the journey along the A30 hard work, since the remap, the cruise control copes no problem from Exeter all the way down.
It is totally a different vehicle to drive now, a real pleasure, money well worth spent.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I know those hills well and my 2.5td Hymer certainly struggles when fully laden. I really need an intercooler kit to help me up the hills. They don't seem available in UK but many have fitted them in France. If only I spoke French a lot better :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back