Relay advice wanted (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi all,

I've got a little project in mind and want to ask you for help in finding a relay for it.

I'm looking for a 3 pole double throw (3pdt) relay that will switch when 240v is present (and reset when not) and be capable of handling the current flow for a crt tv (20"), a dvd player and a sky+ box.

Also, one of the poles will will only have a tiny current at much lower voltage connected but I'm hoping that a 240v relay will not have any issues if one of the poles is connected to a very low power circuit.

I've seen this but I have no idea if it is suitable or good value etc. and I'm happy to be pointed in a better direction :)

Link Removed

Bryan

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi all,

I've got a little project in mind and want to ask you for help in finding a relay for it.

I'm looking for a 3 pole double throw (3pdt) relay that will switch when 240v is present (and reset when not) and be capable of handling the current flow for a crt tv (20"), a dvd player and a sky+ box.

Also, one of the poles will will only have a tiny current at much lower voltage connected but I'm hoping that a 240v relay will not have any issues if one of the poles is connected to a very low power circuit.

I've seen this but I have no idea if it is suitable or good value etc. and I'm happy to be pointed in a better direction :)

Link Removed

Bryan

Bryan,

Being the kind helpful person that I am, i looked at you post heading and thought:thumb:
I can help, it was not till I read your post did I realise you were not talking about a Relay Race. :Eeek:
So sorry I am unable to help you, good luck with project. :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Also, one of the poles will will only have a tiny current at much lower voltage connected
Bryan

That is the suck-it-and-see one. 10A contacts can be poor at switching mill-amps. I'm guessing something like a video change over. You'll have to try and if you get interference or poor switching make that contact switch a better suited small relay, maybe a reed relay running off the 12V battery ( that's if it's in the MH ).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
To be honest Bryan, thats the one I would try.
Don't forget you will need the base as well

Alan h

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Hi Bryan,

Try RS Components UK RS online.com They stock a huge range of electronic relays etc. I use them a lot in my business.

Bob

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Min Switching Voltage AC / DC:400V ac

not sure if this means the voltage needed to power the actual switching seloniod coil is 400v AC.

seems to me to be for a 3 phase 415v AC system to switch a secondary 240v ac or 30v dc circuit.

could be wrong......i dont do 415v

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Min Switching Voltage AC / DC:400V ac

not sure if this means the voltage needed to power the actual switching seloniod coil is 400v AC.

seems to me to be for a 3 phase 415v AC system to switch a secondary 240v ac or 30v dc circuit.

could be wrong......i dont do 415v

The coil voltage is 240volt, it is just saying the contacts are capable of switching 415v.

Alan H

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi all,

Link Removed

Bryan

I use CPC a lot and they are pretty good and reasonably priced.:thumb:

Are you going to tell us about the project then ? :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back