May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi to all.

We are relatively new to motor homes, we bought an Autoquest Suntour 300 last June which we love. But we have now decided to get one with a little more room, so we traded the Autoquest in & we pick up an Autotrail Apache 700 SE next Saturday. ::bigsmile:

We spent ages finding out how everything works in the Autoquest & now I suppose we will be spending time finding out how even more things work ? So I am sure that we will be needing to ask the experienced motorhomers for advice. :helpsos:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi , and welcome to Fun

well, that's two down , only one to go and you will have the perfect van.. :winky::roflmto:

so they say... enjoy your new toy :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Totally agree with Jim, best of luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, enjoy your new van. :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers all

Cheers to you all :thumb:

it will take quite a while to read the loads of useful information on this site, hopefully if I come across a problem (with the new van) it will be one that has been dealt with previously ?

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Looking forward to next weekend

We are having an 95w solar panel fitted on Monday, hopefully this should be large enough for when we are not on a hook up ?

We also found a Riviera Mobil 300 awning in the motorhome, but there was no poles. So contacted Riversway leisure & was pleasantly surprised that a set of poles was only a tenner. They had one set up in their showroom & looks ok for our needs, has anybody used / got one of these awnings ?

Next weekend we are going down to Exe Valley caravan site, in Exmoor, for a week in our newly acquired Autotrail. It looks like a very pleasant, quiet site, with a pub very close by. Has anybody been to this site ?

ROLL ON NEXT SATURDAY ::bigsmile:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
awning

Hi, Ive got one of these awnings its ok nice and lightweight but I bought a kit to fix it into the wind out awning rail I think it was about £20 well worth it saves a lot of messing about
figure of 8 material with plastic channels to feed your tent material in makes for a neat job as your van will have a channel already in wind out awning to feed into:roflmto:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us also

A warm welcome from us also.

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers Mike.

I have to check the bag that it is in & see if there is one in with it ?

OP
OP
StevieBambs

StevieBambs

Free Member
May 5, 2012
Skipton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Wonderful relaxing week

Hi.

Just returned from the Exe Valley caravan site, in Exmoor. What a wonderful relaxing week, hot & sunny most of the week (always helps?).

A very friendly site, where everybody stopped & chatted with each other (didn't matter whether you were in a motorhome, a caravan or a tent). I must admit that once or twice Val was a little upset when it kept taking me a couple of hours just going to the loo. :roflmto:
We made some great new friends & one pointed out that the Autotrail came with stabiliser legs (that's one that I missed !). Great toilet blocks & free showers with an endless supply of hot water.

Pub was only 100-150 yrds away - great beer & good food (Steak night Tuesdays - 2 x 8oz steaks, chips, onion rings, mushrooms & peas for £12).

Only downside was that they don't have a digital tv signal yet, there was me thinking that everywhere was digital now, but I just got the mobile dish out & had no problems. The other thing was that only Orange & 3 mobile got a phone signal (personally I preferred it that way, though me get a payg orange sim for emergencies?).

A great place to go for our 1st week away in our new van & we will definitely go back.

Attachments

• Autotrail at Exe Valley.jpg
    Autotrail at Exe Valley.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Exe Valley Falls.jpg
    Exe Valley Falls.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Exe Valley Doggy area.jpg
    Exe Valley Doggy area.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Water Wheel.jpg
    Water Wheel.jpg