relationships and camping ...... (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We both love being away in Pug.
We go away , just us two and our dog.
That's how we like it.
We've never ever had a full blown row , at home or in Pug. We may have disagreements, but not rows , neither of us sulks. My parents had rows daily , not a nice environment to live in as a child.
Now and then we may go to the odd rally on fun , maybe 3 a year , but that's it. The rest of the time it's just us. How we like it. We meet lots of new people on our travels , but leave it at that. We may bump into them again , we may not. Neither of us do face book etc. This forum is the only thing we are part of.
We get on, we enjoy the same things in life, and each other.
We share similar values, we laugh at the same jokes, enjoy each other's company and let each other know after 32 years of marriage when we're down or upset, as well as appreciating each other. It works well.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have always been a close knit couple. Spending nearly all our free time together. When the children are younger is the dangerous time as life is so busy you can drift apart as you are not used to being just the two of you. I remember going off for a holiday to Las vagas, the kids stayed with grandparents. I was a bit nervous that we had forgotten how to be just the two of us. The holiday was fantastic and it reminded us how much we enjoyes each others company. The motorhome is even better as we sit for ages outside chatting and enjoying each others company. The youngest still comes with us and we it brings us as a whole family closer together. You have to get on as its a small space, but we love it and desperate to get away again.

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
we are away now until july I have hidden all sharp objects and have resisted ukulele practice until I think its safe (maybe a long time)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We have always been a close knit couple. Spending nearly all our free time together. When the children are younger is the dangerous time as life is so busy you can drift apart as you are not used to being just the two of you. I remember going off for a holiday to Las vagas, the kids stayed with grandparents. I was a bit nervous that we had forgotten how to be just the two of us. The holiday was fantastic and it reminded us how much we enjoyes each others company. The motorhome is even better as we sit for ages outside chatting and enjoying each others company. The youngest still comes with us and we it brings us as a whole family closer together. You have to get on as its a small space, but we love it and desperate to get away again.
Great post. We feel the same. Sue has MS but the condition has brought us together rather than drifting apart. Sure. I have frustrations but we always talk it through together. Thanks.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
If I marry again it'll be first thing in the morning, then if it doesn't work out I'll have the rest of the day to go out on my motorbike.

My partner isn't keen on motorhoming and said either it goes or she will. I'll probably miss her for a while.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We've always said that the reason we had 4 children was mainly the size of the van bed, tiny, and the fact we had to keep on having to say sorry, resulting in another baby.
What do you mean? I do not understand what the van has to do with it . After all Sex cannot be a success n a motorhome, the roof's too low, the beds too short , it rocks all over the place and everyone know what is going on. The couple probably broke up because of it being so difficult to say sorry in a meaningful way.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I think a lot of strain is put on relationships due to the man having hobbies that the poor woman has to go along with to keep him happy , ie cycling ,fishing ,sailing etc. quite often although the man is usually full of enthusiasm the woman looks as miserable as sin. Men must realise that just because they love their toys ,their partners do not always and they should consider them more.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think a lot of strain is put on relationships due to the man having hobbies that the poor woman has to go along with to keep him happy , ie cycling ,fishing ,sailing etc. quite often although the man is usually full of enthusiasm the woman looks as miserable as sin. Men must realise that just because they love their toys ,their partners do not always and they should consider them more.

Ah, but what about the men who have to suffer women's "interests" daily ?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We only stay together for the sake of the dog !
I take wife everywhere as I can't bear to kiss her goodbye.

But seriously, we are always stressed for the first few days as I am ready a week before, she is ready 1/2 hour after we were due to go. Then anything forgotten is my fault for rushing her !!!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:) thankfully the only person I have a relationship to answer to in my motorhome is the old woman who lives in my mirror.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

I try to include the missus in my hobbies, but so far I've not relented to let her pack my parachute, even though she keeps insisting. (n)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:) thankfully the only person I have a relationship to answer to in my motorhome is the old woman who lives in my mirror.

Joy. You need a new mirror :whistle:

women-mirror_mirror-mirrors-fairest_of_them_all-attacks-smash-kmhn188_low.jpg

Is it like this

or This.......................

funny-mirrors.jpg

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I am trying to get my missus to go motor homing in Australia, but, NO! She wants to come to Spain with me.....

Craig
Mine wanted to go on a cruise but I couldn't get her over the fence at Greenham Common.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Good educational training videos for the women in your life:)

Get them to follow these useful tips and the trips away in the motorhome should become a thing of joy and beauty (just like @movan :inlove::inlove::inlove::h::h::h::*:*:*

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
My hobbies are kayaking, sailing and cycling , I drag the hubby along. I detest shopping or telly. Not all women just tag along you know ;)

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We've been away for five months in the motorhome, like others have said the first few days can be a bit tetchy but that's usually because we are travelling/map reading/looking for somewhere to park for the night. But I have to say we have been absolutely fine. There's the odd moment when Nick decides to interfere with indoor stuff, which is my domain, and I tell him to get lost politely. I don't touch the lockers with his tools and spares etc. So he should not move lamps, lights, cups, keys, my handbag which all have a place!!! Other than that I can't wait for us to be able to do it again. We've worked well as a team but we do at home, despite Nicks ridiculous working hours, so really even though in a smaller space why should it be any different, 33 years this year and counting!

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Our successful 6-8 weeks out at a time comes from:
  • having 4 hours of our own space a day - I go to bed at 10pm, Jean at midnight; I get up at 6am, Jean at 8am
  • Watch a film together on dark nights :hugs:
  • Drink alcohol at the same time :cheers:
  • use common sense and not escalate niggles...normally :boxing:
  • do lots of fishing while Jean makes her card
  • Say 'I love you' at least twice a day :notworthy2:
  • Start planning the next trip together while we are away :france:
  • Go for a long bike ride till she has cooled down :cycle:

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Well all the poor womenI have observed must be tuggers or under canvas because I can see from the responses that they are not motor homers . We're obviously a lot more caring ,which is nice !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
We only stay together for the sake of the dog !
I take wife everywhere as I can't bear to kiss her goodbye.

But seriously, we are always stressed for the first few days as I am ready a week before, she is ready 1/2 hour after we were due to go. Then anything forgotten is my fault for rushing her !!!

Hah , you are lucky, I am all for jumping in and going first thing. She has to get ready, checks the lists lock the cupboards again, then check the lists and lock the cupboards again, then check the lists etc. When we move it is at least two hours later and I have had a quick sleep waiting. even then at least one cupboard open by itself from having a worn out lock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back