Rejuvenation Valet

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by mikekaren2, Jul 15, 2014.

1. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

Just had my Hymer valeted at home by motorhomevalet.co.uk
    I had a rejuvenation valet carried out by Mike the owner, after 8 hours of thorough work my 1999 MH looks really great:cooler:.
    I have no connection with the company at all, but just passing on information of a good service.
    They are based in Swindon but traveled to me near Shepton Mallet.(y)

• Like Like x 5
  2. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

How much was it in the end :)

3. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

It was £150.00 plus £40.00 travel so £190.00.
    It sounds a lot but he traveled from Swindon to me near Shepton Malet.
    All of the work completed is shown on the website, especially pleased with the shine on the fibreglass front, (I could not get a shine on it!) & the plastic windows, all the scratches are gone & they are crystal clear now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

I like to be rejuvenated shame he only does motorhomes hehehehehe

• Like Like x 6
  5. philw111

philw111 Funster

Have you asked? :giggle:

6. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

There are things that can be saved and restored and then theres me (y)(y)(y)(y)

7. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

On inital reading you think £190 eeek :crying:

But then when i think on it all, its good value for money. It took me a complete day just to do the outside, let alone the cleaning inside, I bet he worked flat out for that too :)

Think its a good call at the start of the season, as mines a bit green by then from all the trees around :RollEyes:

Thanks for the feedback (y)

8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Sounded pretty reasonable to me for the amount of work involved

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

i am looking for another eastern european to do mine as the previous chap has dissappeared, likely gone home. have tried british setups before and either been quoted stupid money or they only did the bare minimum. the polish and lithuanian guys give it their all and do an excellent job for very reasonable cash at £10 per hour

the last wash and polish of the outside cost £30

10. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Thanks mike for the good revue and I'm glad you are pleased with the results.I am considering joining the forum, but have to keep an eye on my costs so far with two MHFun members using my services it's looking on the positive side.
    I have to say to TheBig1 that I do not know what van he has but if he values it then is it wise to let somebody who has no knowledge of motorhomes loose on his van?. Last year I had a customer that said that he had thought along the same lines and had the local east Europeans clean his van saving (he thought) twenty pounds, but he found out to his cost (£800 new fridge freezer) that not everyone knows not to clean fridge vents with a high powered pressure washer. Another customer had all his graphics bleached out by another bunch of amateurs. I could never complete a proper wash and polish (vague term, polish) in three hours, I can just about complete a standard valet in that time.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

I'm no expert on the subject, but as those who know our MH will verify, it always looks clean and shiny. :)

Prior to investing in a power polisher, it used to take me two days to wash (including the roof), and polish our MH. That's without touching the interior. It's blooming hard work, and although the power polisher makes ease of the front and rear GRP caps, the painted side wall require hand polishing, as do the windows, the bumbers, and wheel trims, etc. It get's done twice a year by myself.

I think £150 plus travel costs is very reasonable, knowing just how much work and effort is required to get a good result.

As well as possibly damaging your fridge freezer using a power washer, the force of the water can dislodge sealing mastics around the bodywork, thereby increasing the risk of water ingress. I use a garden hose with a fine spray setting only on the applicator gun for the body work, and a jet setting just for the wheel arch liners.

Good luck to you Mike @ motorhomevalet.co.uk (y)

Cheers,

Jock.