Rejoined on taking the leap, (well nearly!!!)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by emmitdb, Dec 29, 2013.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

I've taken the plunge and spent ten of our hard earned Pounds rejoining after a gap of about three years.

We've always had caravans, however, we are now in New Zealand on holiday and have, as part of our trip, hired a motorhome and we are hooked. It was always our intention to use the trip as a make or break after we were told by more than one of our friends that we were caravanners and not motorhomers but, moving around and touring has convinced us that the motohome is for us.
    The next thing to do is buy the beast and we have a model and 'van in mind when we get back in January. The sticking point for us is the puzzle that the same van is on sale at two different dealers at the same time.???
    I'm sure it can be explained but as of now we are looking from afar.

2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Welcome back ...

The m/h could be being offered by two dealers if it is on a commission basis.

Are both dealers claiming to have the van in stock, in which case there could be a scam involved.

Good luck but take care.

3. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi Joyce and Brian,

You are probably right in saying that the van may be being sold on a commission basis.
    I was aware of both dealers long before this 'van came up and I have no doubt there is a genuine reason for them both advertising the vehicle. I don't think there is a scam involved but thanks for your advice of caution. This Tyke (with a Scots mother) is reluctant to part with his money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

It may be worth mentioning what you looking for and budget,,
    Often other members spot vans and pass on information about them.
    Also you may get some feedback off current owners of the model as to their pro's, con's, reliability etc..

5. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

We decided we too wanted a Motorhome after touring South Australia for 4 weeks, on a reccie with a plan to emigrate there.
    We came home , with a fresh look on life. Chucked the visas. Realised Britain was for us.
    Sold the caravan, and bought a Motorhome. Best thing we ever did. Plus with having 4 caravans over the years , we'd got the layout Sussed. So we got it right first time too. Choose wisely , good luck.

6. rangitira

rangitira Funster

The Fella in Cambourne is linked in some way with the Fella in Scorrier, if those are the two jokers you are wondering about

7. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

I was aware of that 'arrangement' and know of both those dealers. (There's a guy at the back of the Scorrier site who has done work on our Lunar).

With all respect Tonka, I'm keepng my powder dry on the 'van. It's mainstream as far as the habitation side is concerned and has the 2.8 Fiat lump so that should hold no nasty surprises. I've been comparing and contrasting for some time and this one (or is it two???) Is very keenly priced compared to it's peers. There's a good guarantee as well which, although is not a warrant that things are all hunky dory, should ensure that any 'problems' are fixed.
    That same guarantee also makes me think that this might not be a commission. It's more than the usual 3 or 6 months which I don't see a dealer offering on a commission sale

8. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Greetings,

Just to tidy up this thread I can announce that me and her have finally put our money where her mouth was, (did you see what I did there, I hope she doesn't!!!)

We have bought a Hobby 600 in very fine fettle and pick it up on Saturday.

Compared to 'British' 'vans, one thing that impressed me about the Hobby was how solid it felt. I gave the side of it a rap with my knuckles and the bruising still hasn't gone down!

We are both looking forward to many happy times getting out and about, both in the UK and in Europe.

If you see miserable looking old bald 'eaded git driving a Hobby, it won't be me, I'm still grinning from ear to ear!!!:thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  9. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome:back:party2:

10. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Sounds as if you are raring to go, enjoy.

11. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

now check that calendar and get yourselves off to some of the wonderful funster rallies and meets that are happening this year

xxxxxx