Reich Water Pump - another failure (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
The Reich 19 LPM High Power Plus water pump has failed. We have fitted the replacement but I am not happy that we are on our third pump in 8 months. The pumps have NEVER been used "dry" so I am wondering of there is a problem with this particular model of pump?

Actually I don't even see this pump being stocked in the usual spares places so maybe it has been superseded? I have lost faith in this make / model of pump so will need to find something equivalent to carry as a spare.

Full marks to Geoff Cox who sent a replacement by next day delivery FOC, the van is still under warranty. It's an easy fit but we were offered fitting by a local company if we had needed it - obviously we didn't. Geoff Cox have said that they will do a full check of the system when it goes in for the hab check in July just to ensure it is not a problem with the van.

I have written to Reich to ask them if they would like to look at the failed unit.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I managed to find an 18 lpm unit to carry as a spare, on order so we will see. The 19 lpm unit appears to have been replaced with a twin pump so that when one goes there is a built in spare! Really fills you with confidence. The new model also runs at a higher bar (1.4 rather than 1.1) :( bad news for anyone with suspect pipe joints.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had the twin in our new Exsis last year didn't last two months it was replaced with same type and so far so good, sounds to me like a faulty design.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Hi we have no water at our toilet or any of the taps have disconnected the pump and it seems to work but not getting any water through anyone any idea's
Burstner ixeo time 590

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I changed our Reich twin pump while the van was still under warranty, the model i changed it for was still a Reich twin but slighly different in looks, had to cut down the outlet pipe a little to get it to fit but i can understand where your coming from, it doesnt exactly fill you with confidence for the Reich product, its something i need to get another of to carry as a spare (on a more or less new van)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi we have no water at our toilet or any of the taps have disconnected the pump and it seems to work but not getting any water through anyone any idea's
Burstner ixeo time 590
Exactly what happened with ours pump sounds as if it's working but not enough pressure to give water flow you need to get it changed.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Hope your right but it seems to simple a solution

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Burstner ixeo time 590

That is the warning that it is about to fail..... well it was for both our first two pumps.

I was thinking of getting a whale pump as a replacement but read that they have to be primed if the tank has been drained - which would not be a huge problem but a bit of a nuisance.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Well it's under warranty so we' ll see what they say

We've had two replaced under warranty. It's just such a pain to be left with no water which is why we now have a spare.

The first pump lasted from July to September, the second from September to March!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back