Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Yes, had some since NEC show 2013. Easy to use, compact size for storage and very useful for a quick check, almost anywhere. All you need is a flat, hard surface, a road in other words, and a board the same thickness as the scale, to level the axle you're measuring.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Reich product are usually very good, it is the same type of unit they use for roadside checks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
How often do you intend to weigh your MH?
Our local scrapie charges £5 for a public weigh so the cost of one of these would covering more weighings than I intend to be bothered with.
The terminology on the scrapie's print out took a little getting used to.
I drove the front wheels on the scales and waited for the thumbs up from the operator and then I drove completely onto the scales.
The first weigh was listed as "tare" the total weigh was listed as "loaded", and the difference calculated as "load".
These were translated as "tare" equals front, "load" as rear and "loaded" as total weight.

Edit: note the weighbridge is list on the council webpages and is checked by trading standards.

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
I would think that they would work with any set up that is within the limit of the scale, just use a board to level up the other wheel on the same axle or three to raise the other wheels with close coupled axles to eliminate the variance in load caused by lifting just one wheel, that is why weighbridges are level.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I have four of them, two 1000KG units and two of the bigger 1500KG units. To be honest I've almost completely stopped using them as their accuracy leaves a bit to be desired. The drive over method as they are intended to be used is particularly difficult to achieve an accurate reading. I generally use them in conjunction with my lift and jack so that I lower the axle onto two units slowly, even then three repeats can give three different readings.

D.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Our local scrapie charges £5 for a public weigh .

Something that surprised me last year when I had to get weighed. Mine was £8 or with ticket, + vat & £9,60 !!!
Not good when you can go to any builders here & get it for nothing, or use a public one for 1 €.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Virador waste facility here in notloB is an eye watering £13.50 !

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
We are going to the Peterborough meet and are happy to bring ours along if anyone wishes to try it out. A good idea perhaps would be to weigh yourself (MH) at a weighbridge and compare with the Reich scales.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just found this on fleabay. Has anybody any experience of this type of scales & are they any good? Thanks.

Chris

Broken Link Removed

Dont waste your money they're not accurate and you have to get it all level to have any chance of accuracy.
We used to own several weighbridges when in business so have some experience.
Go to a public weighbridge and get it weighed properly. After you've weighed it a couple of times you only need to do it again if you make big changes.
Wouldnt complain about a tenner for a proper ticket cost more if you get caught overloaded.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Got a "malting" weigh bridge just down the road, a bottle of wine does the trick.. We only do it with the van when we first get it and then again fully loaded "ready to go" with wifey, dog etc.. The loading list doesn't change, so the only time I risk being over weight, is on the return journeys loaded with wine, but then I empty all my waste and fresh water..
Wine takes precedence !!! :D

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
had mine weighed by vossa their request not mine. and I was fully loaded . great news I only went 2.75 tons. so well under.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
the van was ok to. but they said it was a good job that I got out before they weighed it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back