Reich Econtroller mainly in Burstners (1 Viewer)

mollyold

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
burstner argos
Exp
The e controller that runs the 12v electrics, charges both house and engine batteries tend to last no more than a few years.

Usually the fan and then the charger over heat and stop working.

replacement around about £800+
I got to thinking when mine broke down how can I avoid this cost, not least when they could need replacing every few years.

Well I have just spliced in a new 30amp Sterling Marine Charger/supply for £269 and all seems to be working well.

Interestingly, when I spoke to a chap in Southdowns Motorhomes and told him what I had done, he said it made sense then took me in to the store room and showed me the new replacement Reich econtrol boxes, Reich have done the same, the charger is now a separate bolt on. makes a lot of sense but annoying that reich have had so many problems with the orginal they should be replacing all with the new system, not least when the new unit still costs over £600 and no offer from Reich to replace their previous verson either under recall or on a fault by fault basis.

The new sterling unit I installed seems great, it as 4 step cycle and also a 7 day de-sulphering function which will help to make the batteries last even longer. it also comes with a separate connection for keeping the engine battery in good nick

So, touch wood, all seems to be working and super quite too!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks for that.

I have a Burstner but the rest of your post went right over my head:Doh:

It's 3 years old now though so I will have to keep an eye on the econtroller - if I understood where it was and what it was:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back