Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Hi,, am having probs with my Reich ebox, think its the control panel. It is not displaying anything except a black square, and the electrics 12v) knock off after a minute or so, irrespective of load. Anyone got a spre or unused on? it is on a 2005 burstner i821, will post pics later. Any advice from those who had probs with these units, most welcome! Thanks in advance,,Dave

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
my Reich ebox,

Ah, what you need is the Mark 3 - designed to last 1000 years.

If you are a confident tinkerer unplugging and re-plugging any connectors you can get to often works. Our damp weather plays havoc with low current electronic connectors over the years.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We are on our 3rd Reich Ebox, the service engineer said it would be the final soluion to the problem!::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Das Reich.

We are on our 3rd Reich Ebox, the service engineer said it would be the final soluion to the problem!::bigsmile:

Blimey! 'Reich' and 'final solution'. No chance for mere MH electrics, then.
Oh dear oh dear. However, new panel and adaptor plate is £295........ thats if it cures the problem. What's wrong with switches and fuses, like my 1990 Fleetwood caravan?
It's all too much complexity, not enough reliability. Still looking for parts / advice,lol!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Sorry Jack! I couldn't resist it! Brian (Hildweller) has a warped sense of humour too!

This will bump you up again until someone with a clue comes along!:thumb:

As mentioned earlier, disconnecting your leisure battery to re-boot the panel might work. It could either be an LCD problem or the data communication between the panel and its display.

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Indeed.

Sorry Jack! I couldn't resist it! Brian (Hildweller) has a warped sense of humour too!

This will bump you up again until someone with a clue comes along!:thumb:

As mentioned earlier, disconnecting your leisure battery to re-boot the panel might work. It could either be an LCD problem or the data communication between the panel and its display.

Tried the reboot malarkey, it did work once, when it once totally refused to do anything, show anything, or owt else. That, dear readers, was when, being one day late departing (not related to the ebox!), we had loaded up and got in to vanish to North Wales for 2 weeks and 3 sites (this was 4 weeks ago when they had all the snow), and after one hours ritual oath taking, I removed the 5 amp fuse, near the L batts, that presumably covers the control circuits (?) and, blow me down, back it came and off we went. Needless to say, similar antics now make no difference; obviously a precursor to woes ahead. We managed to stay out 12 days before the fault got to be a drag. Really it only surfaced after day 11. We couldn't get on 2 of the 3 sites anyway as they were snowed off (and boy, were they snowed, we took the car to one of them for beers in the pub there, and just got it thru, after the snow ploughs had had a do at it). Anyway, SWMBO was not well, so home we went. Now I need to crack this particular nut, soon-ish really.
Brian- 'pear shaped' seems to be the new 'normal'! LOL

Cheers! Dave :Sad:

Last edited:

eastcoastsailor

Free Member
Apr 20, 2014
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
How was this resolved?

Hi, I've seen a van with the same symptoms as you described, namely a black square on the display.

Did you find out what the problem was and if so how was it sorted?

Thanks
Chris

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Chris,

Jackrussel is a read only member so he's unable to respond to your post.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
anologue dials and mechanical switches.......foolproof and reliable. :thumb:

Complicated electronics have no place on a simple motorhomes electrics.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back