Regular bodywork check for ageing PVCs (1 Viewer)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
What a lovely day - just perfect for a good old clean up of my old Toyota Devon Sunrise.

I noticed a tiny paint bubble/blister on the edge of the EHU socket box. 4 screws later and I can see a bit more corrosion that was hidded by the box. Not bad but needs some attention before that worm spreads.
Easy job to do with all the usual rust preventative stuff I have in my shed.
So, where else should I check? Ah, fresh water tank inlet - similar condition but not so bad..... then there's that safety air vent at the bottom of the sliding door - also a bit of rust that needs looking at.

OK, I'm talking about a 2003 vintage PVC so not really unexpected but in principle the same risk areas will be on any PVC where the converter has cut a hole in the body panel.

Might be worth an annual inspection for all you PVC owners.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
We had a little Mazda Bongo for a while & the back wheel arches were getting a bit scabby, so we took it to a coachbuilder friend who repaired it, but he was telling me that most rust starts from the rear of the panel! To those ends it may be worth doing the backs of the panels (where possible) to prevent further tinworm trouble.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back