Registering a M/H OUTSIDE the UK (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Anyone ever registered a motorhome or rv outside the UK in countries such as Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, or Spain?

If so.....what are the annual costs of road tax and testing?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I believe that the guy from Park Verger in France has discussed the problems of registering an RV there. I am sure that he will promise not to promote his camp site, but be willing to reveal the issues to everyone interested.
AFAIK most countries tax on weight, not good for an RV!.
Nigel

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Bulletguy.

I don't know the answer to tour question. I suggest this guy will.

Dirk Janssens American Coach and Truck Import

American Truck - american vehicles, trucks, vans, motorhomes, travel trailers & fifth wheels.
e mail info@americantruck.be

He knows EVERYTHING about American RVs in Europe.

He is a great bloke with fantastic facilities for RV repairs and speaks

perfect English ( well American English at least )

Around this time last year he told me he no longer imported RVs from

America as they will not pass EC emissions regulations. However someone on

our campsite imported his RV into Hamburg recently and registered it there no

problem at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
OK.....lets forget the term 'rv' as there are maybe a few hundered knocking around in UK and europe and everyone keeps mentioning 'rv's' as though motorhomes simply don't exist! Let's just stick with 'motorhome'.....of which there must be tens of thousands.

The specifics i'm looking for answers to is;

1) What is the cost of annual road tax on a motorhome not registered in the UK?

2) What is the cost of an annual 'roadworthy inspection test' (or whatever they call it in non-UK countries) in a country outside the UK?

There must be a few owners of foreign registered motorhomes who read this forum, or even some 'brit' who is actually using a foreign registered motorhome in europe. These people will have the exact answers and thats what i'm looking for.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
In Spain you cannot register a vehicle unless you have been granted residency and have a Spanish address. I assume that also applies in other EU countries. The cost of registering a vehicle in Spain is quite high. You also cannot drive a private Spanish registered vehicle on a UK licence. Well you can but don't get caught.
Lots of Brits here drive untaxed vehicles on UK licence plates and seem to think it's legal, but it isn't and if you get caught they can give you a heavy fine and impound the vehicle which is sent to the crusher.:cry:
The Spanish Police have a purge on foreign registered cars from time to time and heavily target UK registered one's as they know most of them are illegal.:Eeek:
Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back