Registering a French LHD motorhome in the UK (1 Viewer)

Dijerry

Free Member
May 8, 2013
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2000
Hello

I have a 2007 Fiat Burstner LHD Motorhome which I bought new in France and registered in France. I have now moved back to the UK and wish to register it here on UK plates. I am arranging for the speedo to be converted to mph and for the headlights and foglight to be switched to RHD configuration. I have a Certificate of Conformity from Burstner in German. It will have an MOT and temporary UK insurance.

I know a Form V55/5 needs to be submitted to DVLA with all the relevant back up documents. I have received conflicting advice from DVLA and VOSA about whether an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test needs to be done. This week I met someone who had brought his motorhome in from Switzerland and registered it here with no IVA test.

Has anybody had experience or got advice on what is needed?

Thanks,

Diana

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I imported my Iveco from Portugal.

I was having loads of trouble with this and that over the phone and I said,

"It seems a lot of trouble just for an old camper van..."

The words "camper van" were magic!

No type approval needed... no big cheque needed... sent off £60 and the job was done.

It was some time ago though.

JJ :Cool:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hello

I have a 2007 Fiat Burstner LHD Motorhome which I bought new in France and registered in France. I have now moved back to the UK and wish to register it here on UK plates. I am arranging for the speedo to be converted to mph and for the headlights and foglight to be switched to RHD configuration. I have a Certificate of Conformity from Burstner in German. It will have an MOT and temporary UK insurance.

I know a Form V55/5 needs to be submitted to DVLA with all the relevant back up documents. I have received conflicting advice from DVLA and VOSA about whether an Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test needs to be done. This week I met someone who had brought his motorhome in from Switzerland and registered it here with no IVA test.

Has anybody had experience or got advice on what is needed?

Thanks,

Diana

No experience of this, but I do recall there is some issue with some European certificates of conformity missing a field, thus requiring an IVA test. It may be completely irrelevant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I brought my Laika in from Rep. of Ireland last September. Had a bit of difficulty getting hold of the certificate of conformity but this document was the key. No probs with the DVLA, except how slow Swansea is to issue the V5c but the local office issued the reg plate authorisation in 3 days flat! Btw, my COC is a multipage job and carries all sorts of info if you can interpret it, including the EU Directive numbers showing Euro IV compliance (handy if you want an Umwelt Plakette from Germany) AND detailed exhaust emission figures, which I finally managed to get on the V5c when I up-plated the van. My previous MH was a Burstner and I recall the COC was quite detailed for that. :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
You will need a vehicle conformity certificate with 32 points on it, the uk added a new one I think it was 2012 which does not apply in europe, so consequently the european certificates do not have this extra point and you cannot have it added to your existing certificate so a VOSA test is required.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back