Refused pitch at ACSI site !!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bryandh, May 28, 2013.

1. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Couple of days ago pulled onto ACSI site on the cote d'Azur and was told "our ACSI plots are full,but can let you have same size plot for €35 inc EHU "? Declined and went elsewhere.

Can ACSI sites refuse to provide a site when they have vacancies or do they only have limited number of places for members? Have not read the ACSI T&C's before ....... will do so now.

Regards Bryan (from very wet Antibes )

2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

I did notice a couple of sites in the book say things like ACSI sites are in a certain area, which I guess would mean they allocate a set number of pitches.

Think I only read a couple of those, but they would have been in France.

3. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

We've tried to book an ACSI site in Itlay for 3 nights and they say we can only book for a week. However, they added that we may get in if we turned up on spec i.e. they're edging their bets. Let the pitch for 30 Euro or if no takers 16 Euro for us plebs :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  4. JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY Read Only Funster

We were at the site in Antibes and no problem but it might have been quieter.In any case we moved to the Val de Fleurs site at Cagnes Sur Mer which was much nicer.:thumb:

5. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

ACSI

Hi

We know of a site at Lake Garda that has an "ACSI area" - smaller pitches etc, no lake view - in fact, there are a few like that!

On the flip side, we were able to use the more expensive extra large pitches at another site, so I guess it is down to the gaffer on the day.

Russell

• Like Like x 3
  6. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Camping Aquarius at San Pere Pescador has the nominated ACSI pitches in a particular area. They didn't seem any different to their other pitches though, perhaps just like to keep the tightwads together :Laughing:

7. billkce

billkce Funster

Yes, that's Serenella - they only allow ACSI rates except for the 2 rows nearest the lake.

8. BobT

BobT Trader - Tour Operator

ACSI inspections

I'm currently touring Italy using mainly ACSI sites and have not had any problems getting pitches. My gripe is that I'm not sure about their inspection system. Two of the sites the list are among the worst campsites I have ever visited! No hot water, mould on walls of toilet cubicles, dirty toilets, false claims about facilities available. For your information these sites are Camping Athena at Paestum and Camping Paestum nearby.
    They both need a lot more than TLC, but more like a complete re-build.

9. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

You should complain to ACSI :Angry:

http://www.acsi.eu/en/customer-service/l2-n2909/

10. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

We nearly always use acsi sites and have had very few problems. Some sites keep the premium pitches for the full paying "guests" and I agree some of the amenites are not up to scratch but that would apply anyway. We had 1 site in Italy last year that provided electric but not enough amps to even boil a kettle or switch the boiler on. On the other hand we had a pitch at lake garda right by the lake for 16euros

spongy