Refrigerator Replacement - two door for a one door Thetford (1 Viewer)

reynardracer

Free Member
Aug 10, 2015
Twyford
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just bought a new 2006 Hymer that has a small one door fridge with a a small freezer at the top and a couple of shelves within. Wife not happy as she is used to a larger two door fridge with a separate freezer. I have checked out a replacement Thetford but am struggling to find anyone, company or private individual to perform the replacement. Does anyone know of anyone who could perform this replacement in the Berkshire region.

Happy to do a separate fridge purchase or an all inclusive deal.
Many thanks

Peter

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
This might be due to the fact that A) the original will not come out of the van as doorway to narrow or B) the new one will not go in ?

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Just bought a new 2006 Hymer that has a small one door fridge with a a small freezer at the top and a couple of shelves within. Wife not happy as she is used to a larger two door fridge with a separate freezer. I have checked out a replacement Thetford but am struggling to find anyone, company or private individual to perform the replacement. Does anyone know of anyone who could perform this replacement in the Berkshire region.

Many thanks

Peter
As already advised, getting the old one out and the new one in may prove a bit of a challenge.

Mine likes having the option of a power shower or jumping into the Jacuzzi at home, I like enjoying a decent internet connection and so forth, and but we all have to make compromises for the times we are on the road.

If it is really that important to your missus, and you're prepared to spend this much, then this may be a solution for you: Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Many thanks

Peter
Why did you buy it? :D Seriously though, we've had to compromise with the fridge/freezer in our current PVC, in a previous MH we had the 2 door one then a single door one with a full width freezer compartment, now we've got a fridge with very small top corner (quarter) freezer, although the fridge itself has more room for others things now. :rolleyes:

What it has done is made us question why we used to take away so much stuff in the freezer that often just had a holiday and came back home again without being touched!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
As others have intimated.. The biggest problem is getting the bloody things in and out.. I have found in the past the only way is to remove the front seats and use the cab door

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back