Refreshing change (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Had a phone call today from my wife's insurers, underwriters. Why had we got 2 cars insured with the same registration numbers? As it happens we had just transferred personalised plates from my old banger to my wife's Corsa , thru the DVLA -very quick also.and as it happened they gave me the old reg back for the banger so stuck on the plates we had taken off years ago . took the banger to the scrap yard -sent off the forms to DVLA etc. and notified my wife's insurer of the change(cost £25.00) for that. Still 6 months left on my banger insurance but at £147 for the year thought that to change the reg and cancel the insurance would probably end up paying more so left it. Not intending to get other car. Wifes insured with M& S and Post Office on mine but apparantly same underwriter. Nice guy on the phone, so explained the situation and he said i was due a refund -£88. Well I never-I thought I would be worse off cancelling etc. Money to be refunded to my card today. plus they will send me a certificate for my 9 years +no claims:clap:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Nice to hear some Companies still make moral decisions rather than look for new ways to extort money .(y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back