Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
the truma boiler on my 96 hymer automatically drained itself down via the red button valve at the end of last year . im now going to refilll the fresh water tank and fire up the boiler for the season ahead , can someone remind me what the correct procedure is ? do i fill the tank,switch on all the taps to clear the air [the red button is still in the down open position, so do i have to manually hold this up closed while the water is being pumped or should it stay up on its own ?] cant remember and cant find info booklet cheers guys . :Doh: garry

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Close the red valve, fill your tank with water and then turn on the hot tap. After a bit of spluttering the water will flow as normal.

Andy

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
thanks andy. should the red button on the valve click and stay in the up position when pulled or do i need to temporarily prop it up closed untill the boiler has fired up . the reason i ask is that when i pull up the red button it just keeps dropping down hence the valve is staying open !! cheers garry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
A clothes peg clipped on if you have to do it below 8degrees C. Hope we will not be having those temps until November......

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back