refilling truma boiler

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by greyman1, May 5, 2013.

1. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

the truma boiler on my 96 hymer automatically drained itself down via the red button valve at the end of last year . im now going to refilll the fresh water tank and fire up the boiler for the season ahead , can someone remind me what the correct procedure is ? do i fill the tank,switch on all the taps to clear the air [the red button is still in the down open position, so do i have to manually hold this up closed while the water is being pumped or should it stay up on its own ?] cant remember and cant find info booklet cheers guys . :Doh: garry

2. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

Close the red valve, fill your tank with water and then turn on the hot tap. After a bit of spluttering the water will flow as normal.

Andy

3. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

thanks andy. should the red button on the valve click and stay in the up position when pulled or do i need to temporarily prop it up closed untill the boiler has fired up . the reason i ask is that when i pull up the red button it just keeps dropping down hence the valve is staying open !! cheers garry

4. Sunrise Explorer

Sunrise Explorer Funster

The red button will/should stay up if the temp. in the surrounding area is above +8 or thereabouts.:Smile:

5. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

A clothes peg clipped on if you have to do it below 8degrees C. Hope we will not be having those temps until November......

Steve