Refilling English gas bottles in Spain? (1 Viewer)

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi all
Does anyone know anywhere we can refill our English bottles between Perpignan and Barcelona. We have done it in Portugal in the past. Unfortunately, we are using gas faster than we expected, as it is a bit chilly! We are just outside Narbonne at the moment. Many thanks if anyone can help. Alternatively, does anyone know where we can buy a Spanish bottle and adaptor.
Karen and Paul

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, you can refill refillable bottles and tanks in Spain, but not that many places.
But you will not be able to refill Calor bottles.

We will be at Camping Javea until the end of the month, and just happen to have a Repsol bottle for sale, they sell regulators just up the road. :winky::ROFLMAO: Bob.

I will add that car boots /charity shops and campsites are the places to pick them up, and once you have a spanish bottle, you can easily exchange them.

Last edited:

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
I have an empty Repsol spanish bottle. I had it given to me at a rally in Exeter last year. We plan to take it with us when we go out to Spain in March, then exchange it when on site. My other bottle is a Gaslow refillable one.

Should I buy an adapter and pigtail off the Gaslow site that would fit the Repsol outlet in this country or just buy the adapter and pigtail when I get to Spain. Never been into Spain for any length of time before. As I don't know the area what availability and ease would it be to aquire these bits. Our first stop in Spain is going to be the Orange Grove.

Sorry to highjack your thread meakwooders.

Many thanks

Dai

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I have an empty Repsol spanish bottle. I had it given to me at a rally in Exeter last year. We plan to take it with us when we go out to Spain in March, then exchange it when on site. My other bottle is a Gaslow refillable one.

Should I buy an adapter and pigtail off the Gaslow site that would fit the Repsol outlet in this country or just buy the adapter and pigtail when I get to Spain. Never been into Spain for any length of time before. As I don't know the area what availability and ease would it be to aquire these bits. Our first stop in Spain is going to be the Orange Grove.

Sorry to highjack your thread meakwooders.

Many thanks

Dai

Easiest to buy the adaptor in the UK, it screws into the Butane pigtail. The last place for LPG (to top up the Gaslow) when coming down the East coast is LeClerc at Le Boulou. Jane :Smile:

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Bob and Jane. Thank you for your kind offer and advice. Unfortunately, we are near Barcelona. Sorry to be so long replying, irregular access to internet.:thumb:

However, result, we managed to find a gas bottle, and get a regulator in the local caravan shop so we are sorted out. Really glad we have gas again.

Karen

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just as a bit of extra info on this..
If people pass a Leroy Merlin or other large DIY chain in France or Spain they sell the required "jumbo" adaptors for about €13.. These clip on to the Spanish bottles and have a red turn on/off knob on the top. If you have Butane, simple unscrew the hose from the butane bottle adaptor and it will fit the Jumbo adaptor.... This way you can carry the bottle in your locker as normal ( assuming that it fits inside) :thumb:

As mentioned, Campsites and their notice boards, boot sales, Rastro's and even some face book selling sites are sources for Spanish bottles. €8 - €12 seems about the average for an empty bottle.

If you need the Spanish regulators then try the Chinese Bazar shops. In there under €10.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
A big thankyou to bobandjane for the gaslow fillup info and also tonka for the "Leroy Merlin" recomendation.

We will be stopping at Leroy Merlin, RN 42, 62280 Saint-Martin-Boulogne, France on our way south for the bits we need.

Dai

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back