Redlands Campsite, Haverfordwest (1 Viewer)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry know nothing of the campsite but Little Haven is a pretty little village with a nice small beach and some great pubs. (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And I learned only this week the area is known as "Little England beyond Wales". Apparently this goes back to at least Tudor times and beyond. The locals did not speak Welsh and did not consider themselves to be Welsh. However, I wouldn't try raising this in the pub on a Saturday night if you don't want to start an argument, things might be different now. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
And I learned only this week the area is known as "Little England beyond Wales". Apparently this goes back to at least Tudor times and beyond. The locals did not speak Welsh and did not consider themselves to be Welsh. However, I wouldn't try raising this in the pub on a Saturday night if you don't want to start an argument, things might be different now. :)

Not sure that applies to North Pembrokeshire.

There is quite a lot of Welsh spoken there.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not sure that applies to North Pembrokeshire.

There is quite a lot of Welsh spoken there.
No I don't think it does, just the extreme south west. The dividing line is sometimes known as the Landsker line, dates from the 16th Century but might be older.

LandskerMap1901.jpg

File:LandskerMap1901.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back