Red Squirrel campsite Glencoe

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Stitch, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Stitch

Stitch Funster

Im thinking of spending the New Year's celebrations in Scotland. I have been trying to book a few nights at the red squirrel campsite. But with not much luck. I'm getting no replies to my emails. Any ideas..?

2. phil1946

phil1946 Funster

Give them a ring on 01855 811256.

3. WillH

WillH Funster

We are going up to Loch Ness Shores for Hogmanay, you could try there.

4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

If they are open they are probably full, we couldn't get on to Grantown on Spey till 4th Jan this year, although when we got there they had had loads of cancellations due to weather

5. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

If your heading up to Scotland for Xmas or Hogmanay bring your water wings or grow some gills! Its been a soaking wet year so far. Give me the frost & cold days anytime. At least you can wrap up against the cold & enjoy walking the dogs.

6. Stitch

Stitch Funster

Thank you for the advice. This forum has a wealth of untapped knowledge. It's helping out no end. I've a few days to kill. So will have to think of somewhere to go the last time I was in Glen Coe. I spent a memorable night in the Clachaig Inn. Then camped by the river. I woke up to find a good covering of haw frost on the outside of the sleeping bag and -17 outside the tent.
    Cold and frosty every time over rain.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

Glen Coe is world class in its majesty & at the moment the mountain tops have a healthy coating of snow. I once spent a July night in my camper, its was beautiful & warm but would you believe that there was still snow on the north facing mountainsides. Utterly stunning & no matter how many times I pass through Glen Coe, it always takes my breath away.

Here's hoping that where ever any of our fellow motorhomers are, that have a peaceful happy Christmas & a very happy prosperous new year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

I'm staying at Strathclyde CC just outside Glasgow on a serviced pitch for 10 days. Luxury and a Toby Carvery across the road :xcool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

If your not fussy about electric for a couple of nights then there are loads of places you can stay in the Glencoe area. But it WILL be chilly. We were asked into a farmers yard with electric two years ago and had a fantastic time with the family.Ended up staying four days.