Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
We have been quoted £765 for our forthcoming winter trip cover from the Caravan Club ,that's for 5 months in Spain/France is this a reasonable cost ,what do you think .(y)

Deleted User
Sounds a lot to me, 12 months breakdown cover in Europe with limited health cover can be obtained through ADAC, a German motoring organisation, for around €90.
The EHIC card covers emergency health care.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
From where I'm sitting Red Pennant is only of use (compared to other Insurers) if you work and it is imperative that you get back to Blighty quickly following an 'incident'.

As far as I'm concerned, if it happens, it happens and at a saving of over £700 in my back pocket, I've got the start of a good way towards paying for most eventualities.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Sounds expensive to me we have just renewed our insurance with MHF it was £306 which included breakdown insurance, UK & Europe with RAC. The insurance element was £60.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We insure the van through Safeguard which includes breakdown insurance abroad. We take personal cover with Camping and Caravan Club - i.e. for health and repatriation which is the biggest cost & includes getting the dog home. You can get a quote online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back