Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Totally agree but have you been near a lorry tyre at 110 psi when it goes bang - it still hurts .

Yeh too right....I was about ten yards away from a fuel tanker when it's tyre blew:thumbdown:

I knew how the mayor of Hiroshima felt that day
hardhat

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
off topic a bit ,when i was training as a tyre fitter years ago i saw a locking ring from a split rim lorry wheel come off it killed the bloke doing it and carried on up through the shed roof . i was always carefull doing them .glad when they changed to tubeless. every where got cages to blow up the tyres in soon after even the vans on mobile

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
yep ,and tyres are inflated to about 80 % of their maximum possible inflation pressure ...i prefer gas bottle at 30%

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its like i say if when you are filling or transfering you smell gas you are probably doing it wrong.when you un hitch the nozzle it goes woosh ,it as to .
on my lpg tank im garden or for fuel in car there is a brass vlve you unscrew it abit and gas comes out when its nearly full liquid comes out .i dont like that idea specially if you are smoking at the time. ha ha. have seen them smoking and filling bottles abroad you have to kaugh they do it every day dont seem its a problem . then you only have to look at their pastry cutter bottles to see we worry too much. even their trucks full of bottles work with the tubes hanging out the splits in the tyre walls .ha ha

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I have a 3.9 kg calor one full of gas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:
Just cost me £3.80 to fill you can have it for £13 exchange heeeheeee

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi Terry sounds like a good price for your gas thats why I want a clear BP cylinder so that I can see how much is left in it any one have one please PM me

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
don't they still sell those sensing strips which you put on the side of the bottle and tell you the level ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry sounds like a good price for your gas thats why I want a clear BP cylinder so that I can see how much is left in it any one have one please PM me

don't they still sell those sensing strips which you put on the side of the bottle and tell you the level ?
If you only fill empty bottles you can not go wrong :thumb: unless you are a complete numpty :Doh::Sad::ROFLMAO:
terry
PS I have a gas-low gauge fitted on my bottles and this gives a good warning as to when you are getting low,it also acts as a gas testing / leak detector--- turn on ( green )turn off and leave a while/ few mins , if still green/black no leak if it is red or yellow investigate :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry
gaslow
•01-1720 Propane Gauge & Regulator
£24.95
Link Removed

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries