bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, a few people know are having problems with the Fiat 3lt automatic gearbox, this one he got in November and has done 1892 miles.

Would you let them take your pride and joy on this recovery truck ?

Mine would stay where it was until they had the proper tools for the job. :Smile: Bob.

See Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/clipperden

:whatthe:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Horrendous, remind me of a Citroen BX needing recovery and the suspension was dropped down as engine would not run, couldn't watch it going on in the end. Luckily it was a trade vehicle.:shout:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I had a similar experience with my A-T Scout on a 3litre fart. The Clutch went on the A55 in Wales and the official recovery couldn't find the location. I ended up being forced to use the Police recovery agent. They couldn't put the vehicle on the truck,it was a broken back vehicle and the flat bed couldn't tilt when the van was eventually on the vehicle. They then wrapped a tow chain around the front part of the chassis depite me offering a towing eye to them.
That was just the start of the nightmare!
I think is is wise to not only have the vehicle dimensions,but also the overhang lenth from the rear wheel to the rear end. This would enable the recovery firm to send an oppropriate vehicle and correct ramps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Bob,

Was that recovery arranged by ADAC?.....were thinking of joining them when RAC arrival expires, ......but!!!!!

Do you know?

Nev

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Don't know Nev, but who ever comes out should have a truck big enough and can carry the size and weight of the vehicle they are collecting. ::bigsmile:

After many years in Haulage, we always had to have the vehicle and trailer to do the job. :Smile:

Looking at the video, they sent out a truck to pick up a CAR. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No way would we let our van on anything like that ! :Smile: Bob.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We broke down afew years back in a 7.5 ton 36ft Rv. Safegaurd sent out a Transit truck with a 1ton crane in the back. That was despite me giving them all the weights and measurements.::bigsmile:
Smile about it now but I was'nt smiling at the time.
The breakdown truck left and never did come back.
No 1 son had to come out 60 miles each way and fix it in the road, but at least he got us going.:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looks fine to me but i dont think the prescriptions right in me new googles :ROFLMAO:

seriously.....truck far too small for length of van even if the weight is ok.
50% of the van is hangover....how the hell did the truck driver manage to drive safely.....oh yes, he didnt :Eeek:

biggest thing we ever put on a slidebed that size were standard transit vans.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Back tyres look a bit flat and the cab is tilted up with the rear weight, bet it was light on the steering :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We broke down afew years back in a 7.5 ton 36ft Rv. Safegaurd sent out a Transit truck with a 1ton crane in the back. That was despite me giving them all the weights and measurements.::bigsmile:
Smile about it now but I was'nt smiling at the time.
The breakdown truck left and never did come back.
No 1 son had to come out 60 miles each way and fix it in the road, but at least he got us going.:winky:

Was this him Rory. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Here: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvs3SliVmTY&feature=related[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back