Recommended Restaurants.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Snowbird, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Being a unashamed foody I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on restaurants that can be recommended by funsters around the world. I will start off with the first one which we use often whilst in the Benidorm area. This one does an excellent lunch menu at 11 Euros per head with 3 starters a main course and desert including a bottle of wine. It looks out onto a lovely bay and is south facing, so gets the winter sun all afternoon. I have never taken dinner there, so don't know what that's like, but the lunch is superb. Google streetview it and see for yourself. Restaurant Peter, 8 Avinguda De La Marina Baixa La Cala, Benidorm.

Lunch starts at 13-00, but to get a front line table arrive at 12-15 and take a few aperitifs first. Bon appetit.

• Like Like x 7
  2. JJ

JJ Funster

Being a free loading, lowlife, off-site motorhomer I save enough bundles of cash to be able to eat out several times a decade and one of my favourite eateries is "Rui's." (Modina Restaurant)

This fourth generation, family owned and run restaurant/cafe/bar is right by the lake at Pego De Altar. (10 kms from Alcacer do Sal)

You can have a snack/meal/coffee/beer either in the cafe area or you can go "posh" and dine in the restaurant or "al fresco" on the recently finished balcony over looking the lake.

Hope to be there this coming week with my VIP visitor. :Wink:

JJ:Cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Snowbird

We are off to Sabor in Albir for lunch with some Norwegian friends today. Its a Belgian restaurant which I have never been too but will give a revue if am still sober enough tonight. Unfortunately I have been Norwegianised a few times in the last couple of weeks. Those Norwegians are like fish when they are in Spain. Something to do with the price of alcohol in Norway. Am quite looking forward to this one though as have heard some good reports of the restaurant.

4. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

We are not talking the cheapest here, and we are not talking foreign climes, but Cafe Rosa, formerly Lezayre tea rooms on the Isle of Man, is for those 'special occasions'.
    Family owned and ran, the husband is a Michelin star chef, and the food can only be described as 'exquisite'!
    Everything is fresh, or home grown, and because of the amount, i have yet to finish a main meal. Book well in advance for a table as they are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
    I defy anyone to tackle a three course meal there.
    As Tina Turner would sing......'Simply the best'!

Craig

• Like Like x 2
  5. Snowbird

Another good one for anyone in the Benidorm area that likes Chinese food is the Wok in Albir. Its an all you can eat buffet for 9.5 Euros. there is mountains of fresh fish and seafood that you chooses and they cook in front of you, as well as already cooked food. The Sushi is extremely good also. How they can make a profit on that lot I have no idea, am sure they make a loss when I eat there, but they still welcome me each time I go :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 5
  6. ukbill

ukbill Funster

try da vinci's in dona lola between marbella and Fuengirola not to expensive and the best pasta i have ever tasted

also look out for cafe salopian he will be flying his 3 flags including the funster 1 dont have to book just turn up he will find something to feed with ya from nowt :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  7. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

resturants

LA BAHIA on the front levante beach Benidorm 4 courses with wine 11 euros the best in benidorm if not Spain happy travels Rod

• Like Like x 2
  8. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

resturants

TYEPYEDONG noodle bar lunch time menu High st exeter best Udon noodles ever happy travels Rod

• Like Like x 1
  9. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

We have a favourite in the lakes, Rastellis opposite the cinema in Bowness on Windermere.
    When in c'an pastilla, majorca we love the Cuban Bar, will be in there in a couple of months.
    Another we like is Sa Finca in Peguera Majorca.

• Like Like x 2
  10. buttons

buttons Funster

Rose cafe in Hertford does the best breakfast ever, visit it most Sundays including today. Buttons sitting here full outside Marks an d Sparks, St Albans.:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  11. lorger

lorger Funster

what a good idea well done.

Our favourite little resturant in France is this one here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_Restaurant-Berny_Riviere_Aisne_Picardy.html

We have been several times now and its excellent more like the guys living room than a resturant also has a little bar open during the day.

The guy who runs it speaks excellent english and has a great sense of humour. we hadnt been for 2 years and he remembered my daughters Name.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

O

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  13. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Our rule is, "eat where locals eat" works all the time, except once when we tried the local delicacy "stewed smoked eel". Makes me sick even blogging about it.:Sad: Phil

14. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Restaurants plus you can take the dog

Jack's Bistro in St Annes, 'yes in the UK' and you can take the dog. The food is superb, mid price, quite often busy, so give them a bell before arriving. Right next to M&S food store.

15. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

China Rose (Chinese obviously) St. Austins St. Shrewsbury ! Not cheap, but you get what you pay for !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. teddybard

teddybard Read Only Funster

Windermere(Ings)

.Watermill Inn and Brewery, Ings, near Windermere, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PY. Tel: 01539 821309. The Watermill Inn and Brewery is a traditional family-run free house close to Lake Windermere, which offers guests home-cooked food in beautiful surroundings.

CAMRA PUB OF THE YEAR
    GREAT FOOD & BEER
    DOG FRIENDLY (Even Haggers Donkey there was one as big)

Brilliant Place dont remember leaving:BigGrin:

17. JJ

JJ Funster

Right Buttons... this is war... we will go to yours for brekky and then we go to the cafe in Sennybridge. (Please post the name Champers Kath).

We'll see who does the best ever breakfast...

JJ:Cool:

PS. And you can have your van serviced by a highly trained, top mechanic while eating it if you so choose...

PPS. I trust you too are surfing/posting by Galaxy technology too...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I have eaten there many , many times.

I agree it's great.

Some of the staff are a bit surly though, or perhaps I am:BigGrin:

19. buttons

buttons Funster

Isn't that in Wales...ye gods sharing breakfast with the welsh.:Doh: it is an English breakfast that I was promoting.:Cool:
    I am in deed surfing from my note 10.1 tell me have you mastered the spell check yet. I cant find it on mine.

20. JJ

JJ Funster

Salopian Steve's Chinese restaurant isn't in China...:Rofl1:

JJ. :Cool:

PS. Let's face it the Welsh have been having the English for breakfast recently.

• Like Like x 2