LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Being a unashamed foody I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on restaurants that can be recommended by funsters around the world. I will start off with the first one which we use often whilst in the Benidorm area. This one does an excellent lunch menu at 11 Euros per head with 3 starters a main course and desert including a bottle of wine. It looks out onto a lovely bay and is south facing, so gets the winter sun all afternoon. I have never taken dinner there, so don't know what that's like, but the lunch is superb. Google streetview it and see for yourself. Restaurant Peter, 8 Avinguda De La Marina Baixa La Cala, Benidorm.

Lunch starts at 13-00, but to get a front line table arrive at 12-15 and take a few aperitifs first. Bon appetit.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Being a free loading, lowlife, off-site motorhomer I save enough bundles of cash to be able to eat out several times a decade and one of my favourite eateries is "Rui's." (Modina Restaurant)

This fourth generation, family owned and run restaurant/cafe/bar is right by the lake at Pego De Altar. (10 kms from Alcacer do Sal)

You can have a snack/meal/coffee/beer either in the cafe area or you can go "posh" and dine in the restaurant or "al fresco" on the recently finished balcony over looking the lake.

Hope to be there this coming week with my VIP visitor. :winky:

JJ:Cool:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are off to Sabor in Albir for lunch with some Norwegian friends today. Its a Belgian restaurant which I have never been too but will give a revue if am still sober enough tonight. Unfortunately I have been Norwegianised a few times in the last couple of weeks. Those Norwegians are like fish when they are in Spain. Something to do with the price of alcohol in Norway. Am quite looking forward to this one though as have heard some good reports of the restaurant.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We are not talking the cheapest here, and we are not talking foreign climes, but Cafe Rosa, formerly Lezayre tea rooms on the Isle of Man, is for those 'special occasions'.
Family owned and ran, the husband is a Michelin star chef, and the food can only be described as 'exquisite'!
Everything is fresh, or home grown, and because of the amount, i have yet to finish a main meal. Book well in advance for a table as they are only open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
I defy anyone to tackle a three course meal there.
As Tina Turner would sing......'Simply the best'!

Craig

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Another good one for anyone in the Benidorm area that likes Chinese food is the Wok in Albir. Its an all you can eat buffet for 9.5 Euros. there is mountains of fresh fish and seafood that you chooses and they cook in front of you, as well as already cooked food. The Sushi is extremely good also. How they can make a profit on that lot I have no idea, am sure they make a loss when I eat there, but they still welcome me each time I go ::bigsmile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
try da vinci's in dona lola between marbella and Fuengirola not to expensive and the best pasta i have ever tasted

also look out for cafe salopian he will be flying his 3 flags including the funster 1 dont have to book just turn up he will find something to feed with ya from nowt :ROFLMAO:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
resturants

LA BAHIA on the front levante beach Benidorm 4 courses with wine 11 euros the best in benidorm if not Spain happy travels Rod

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We have a favourite in the lakes, Rastellis opposite the cinema in Bowness on Windermere.
When in c'an pastilla, majorca we love the Cuban Bar, will be in there in a couple of months.
Another we like is Sa Finca in Peguera Majorca.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Rose cafe in Hertford does the best breakfast ever, visit it most Sundays including today. Buttons sitting here full outside Marks an d Sparks, St Albans.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
what a good idea well done.

Our favourite little resturant in France is this one here http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...e_Restaurant-Berny_Riviere_Aisne_Picardy.html

We have been several times now and its excellent more like the guys living room than a resturant also has a little bar open during the day.

The guy who runs it speaks excellent english and has a great sense of humour. we hadnt been for 2 years and he remembered my daughters Name.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Our rule is, "eat where locals eat" works all the time, except once when we tried the local delicacy "stewed smoked eel". Makes me sick even blogging about it.:Sad: Phil

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Restaurants plus you can take the dog

Jack's Bistro in St Annes, 'yes in the UK' and you can take the dog. The food is superb, mid price, quite often busy, so give them a bell before arriving. Right next to M&S food store.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Windermere(Ings)

.Watermill Inn and Brewery, Ings, near Windermere, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PY. Tel: 01539 821309. The Watermill Inn and Brewery is a traditional family-run free house close to Lake Windermere, which offers guests home-cooked food in beautiful surroundings.

CAMRA PUB OF THE YEAR
GREAT FOOD & BEER
DOG FRIENDLY (Even Haggers Donkey there was one as big)

Brilliant Place dont remember leaving::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Rose cafe in Hertford does the best breakfast ever, visit it most Sundays including today. Buttons sitting here full outside Marks an d Sparks, St Albans.:thumb:

Right Buttons... this is war... we will go to yours for brekky and then we go to the cafe in Sennybridge. (Please post the name Champers Kath).

We'll see who does the best ever breakfast...

PS. And you can have your van serviced by a highly trained, top mechanic while eating it if you so choose...

PPS. I trust you too are surfing/posting by Galaxy technology too...

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
China Rose (Chinese obviously) St. Austins St. Shrewsbury ! Not cheap, but you get what you pay for !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

I have eaten there many , many times.

I agree it's great.

Some of the staff are a bit surly though, or perhaps I am::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Right Buttons... this is war... we will go to yours for brekky and then we go to the cafe in Sennybridge. (Please post the name Champers Kath).

We'll see who does the best ever breakfast...

PS. And you can have your van serviced by a highly trained, top mechanic while eating it if you so choose...

PPS. I trust you too are surfing/posting by Galaxy technology too...

Isn't that in Wales...ye gods sharing breakfast with the welsh.:Doh: it is an English breakfast that I was promoting.:Cool:
I am in deed surfing from my note 10.1 tell me have you mastered the spell check yet. I cant find it on mine.

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Isn't that in Wales...ye gods sharing breakfast with the welsh.:Doh: it is an English breakfast that I was promoting.:Cool:

Salopian Steve's Chinese restaurant isn't in China...:ROFLMAO:

JJ. :Cool:

PS. Let's face it the Welsh have been having the English for breakfast recently.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
.Watermill Inn and Brewery, Ings, near Windermere, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 9PY. Tel: 01539 821309. The Watermill Inn and Brewery is a traditional family-run free house close to Lake Windermere, which offers guests home-cooked food in beautiful surroundings.

CAMRA PUB OF THE YEAR
GREAT FOOD & BEER
DOG FRIENDLY (Even Haggers Donkey there was one as big)

Brilliant Place dont remember leaving::bigsmile:

Go through Ings regularly on our way to our lodge, keep saying we should stop for lunch, or go in for an evening meal, may do it next week.
The garage near by is where i bought my jeep grand cherokee overland, i notice it now sells motorhomes. Will have to stop in for a look around.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Had a really nice meal in the Marsham Arms the other night,also some real nice beer and well kept , I choose Woodfordes Kett's Rebelion. This would be my restaurant of choice in the Norwich area.

As for café well it would be Harty's Diner for me 61 Heigham Street, Norwich, very clean and good quality food,

both score 5 out of 5 in the food standards agency ratings which I allways check before visiting any food outlet.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I agree food hygiene is important, of course I do. But really - what's the food and service actually like? is what matters most to me!

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Well I agree food hygiene is important, of course I do. But really - what's the food and service actually like? is what matters most to me!

Excellent in both cases, I don't eat out very often as after being poisoned once it really put me off and we much prefer to cook our own meals, but there are occasions when you have to bite the bullet, family events etc, It was my mothers 70th birthday and she likes eating out so we picked the Marsham Arms as it was recommended to us by people we know in the trade, still didn't stop me checking it out on the food standards website though.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Plume of Feathers in Mitchell 5 mins off the A30 in Cornwall for Posh Nosh,(Expect to pay! but well worth it)

Bowgie Inn at West Pentire near Crantock, Pub grub but the view makes it worth while.

Rashleigh Arms in Charlestown for posher pub grub

All in Cornwall and all with M/H friendly Carparks

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As promised here is a revue of the Sabor in Altea. I thought it was in Albir but that was lost in the Norwegian translation. What a superb lunch, don't ask how much as the Norwegians would not allow me to pay my share. Belgian owned and the food was in a word, perfect. The wine was pretty good too. Service was as a good as it gets and a very nice setting across the road from the harbour. The bus stop from Benidorm is right outside the door, thank God, so didn't have to walk,stagger, anywhere. Am getting far to used to this life again, I MUST slow down a little. One of the best bouillabaisse I have had outside Marseilles followed by Ossobuco for the main with a hot Belgian chocolate bomb surrounded by ice cream. washed down with copious amounts of liquid :winky:. Pats retired to bed and am sitting here surveying my empire with a glass of Remy.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Restaurants

Our favourite, Au Cote d'Argent on the seafront at Calais next to the aire overlooking the harbour. Lunch with wine around 85 euros for two, superb service and truly great cooking, specialities are fish. Very nice way to start and end a trip. On the other hand Fritz Du Nations, about 50 yds on front of the restaurant serves probably the best and cheapest fritz in France, a 2 euro portion is more than enough for one and you can add fish or sausage if you wish and they also do good burgers. We usually buy far too many on purpose and feeze them to use on our trip. They have tables and chairs outside (But it's only a takeaway, so none inside). Take your pick.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Javea

If at Javea try SCALLOPS at Aranel, for a brill 3 course meal ranging from E 8,10,12 PLUS a bot of wine each PLUS a free English breakfast thrown in.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having just finished surveying the empire with a Swede, Chilean, Norwegian and 2 Belgians for company who have decimated my good cognac and single malt am now retiring to my bed for the night. Am cooking at home tomorrow so no more revues for a day or so. That is unless I let you all into some of my little secret eateries from around Europe. I thank all of you for your input in this thread, and am sure it will be beneficial to all of us that have given up on dieting.

Bon apetit.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Jolly Sailor pub on Poole Quay, pensioner lunch £5-95 had blue cheese and veg soup, two eggs, chips, peas and gammon steak and lovely apple pie in there today.

Nicely presented and good service.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back