Recommended battery make/supplier

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by stevec, Jul 8, 2014.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

It seems that my cab battery needs replacing (only just starts the MH after 5 days idle). Has anyone any recommendations as to where and what? I've just replaced the leisure battery after following advice on here. Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDi 2006

2. stevec

stevec Funster

Just to complete the circle, I bought a Varta Blue Dynamic 95Ah with 800 CCA for £78 from Battery Mega Store with a 4 year warranty. Delivered next day. Same place as I bought my leisure battery from, coincidentally. It looked like the one I took out was the original (it had 1006 stamped in the top so assume this is a date code...2006 vehicle).

3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

4. cmcardle75

cmcardle75 Read Only Funster

I'd just buy the cheapest you can find from a supplier that does loads, so doesn't have old stock lying about to be wrecked by neglect. The only difference in quality for a wet cell is basically the amount of lead, and this is pretty much constant for a cab battery with the same CCA rating.

An Enduroline supplied by www.tayna.co.uk is not normally far off the mark, although you can always find something even cheaper off eBay. Any more is just paying for a brand, or an extended guarantee with so many holes and hoops that you'll never claim.