Recommendations please! Bilbao to Algarve (1 Viewer)

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
We've got a ferry booked for 10th Jan to Bilbao arriving about 17.30 and are looking for recommendations for our first night stay, bearing in mind arrival is likely to be late in the day, and then some suggestions for the onward journey to the Algarve.

I've checked out other threads but a good few of the previous recommendations are shut at that time of year.

We're happy to use good aires or reasonably priced sites. We intend to bash on down into Portugal to get the best of the weather and then drift back later into March when hopefully the weather picks up.

Any help or advice very gratefully recieved, especially with regard to the ease of filling the Gaslow bottles.
Cheers, Bob

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Have they moved Marjal into Portugal ?

They are good, but not that good. No, they built their site where the good weather should be, I think.

Naturally JJ will tell a different tale, but he just conjures up good weather when he needs it, well, mostly, but not when the Queen of Slide is there.

In the past JJ has said there is no problem for gas in Portugal. Presumably that and Port is how they survive the winters.

OP
OP
bob and jules

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Dont worry Brian, we don't have a complete aversion to Spain. We have friends near Obidos we want to visit and then go further South before winding back thro Spain at which point I'm sure there will be ample opportunity to test your meteorlogical theory with regard to Marjal.
In the meantime a recommended site near to Bilbao would be good

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
we will try this site when we arrive EL DESFILADERO PANCORBO its open £15.its about 50 miles from bilbao.i will book through carefree

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back