Recommendations needed. Please. (1 Viewer)

Mifiperson

Free Member
Sep 23, 2016
South Shields
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Potential newbie
Hello, wonder if anyone can help by giving me some advice. Would very much welcome being pointed in the right direction. I am currently working toward a goal of selling my property & using the capital to buy a campervan/motorhome plus fund ?a decade of UK/European travel. Looking for any recommendations for a 2 berth van that is big on living space. Will be accompanied by 2 dogs.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif
Hi @Mifiperson , I think that there are so many options for you that it is difficult to respond usefully. We need to know whether you need to keep below 3500 kg with your licence, how big the dogs are, do you need a garage, do you have a preference for length and so on. There is a separate forum group for full timing and also many previous threads on this subject if you search. It is a good idea to visit a few dealers and or a Motorhome show to narrow down your search and then you can ask for more specific advice from funsters.

Upvote 0
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Mifi, there are so many vans and every persons requirements vary as well.

To make my decision I visited a few larger used van dealers, preferably ones who leave vans unlocked so you can browse at your leisure.

I found that many layouts were quickly discounted but I soon got a feel as to what work for me.

Then when that was sorted I would sit in the van and play act;

How would I be cooking?
How I would dine?
How would cleaning up go?
Did I fit in the shower?
If I did, how would I dry myself off after showering?
Could the bed be permanently made up, so that I could crash when I wanted to with no hassle?
WHere would I stow everything for both travelling and when on a pitch, and how long and how easy did it take to make the transition?
Driveability.

Visualisation was easy and soon I had pruned my list to two vans.

Oh and don't forget, price :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2013
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt low profile
Exp
since 2011
The caravan and motorhome show at the NEC in October will have a huge amount of vans of all shapes and sizes, I would go and get some ideas there.

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Totally unintentionally, I full timed in my motorhome for 21 months. So glad I didn't go with my first choice of a small motorhome.
You need storage space.
You need stretching out while you read/ watch telly space
You need dog space.
Go to a show or the biggest dealership you can find. Not to buy, to sit in all the vans, try out the shower rooms for size, look at the cooking and storage.
Imagine it's hammering down with rain for 24 hours and you & dogs are confined to your vehicle.
I loved full timing and deep quite sad I'll never do it again. Enjoy the search and take your time.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back