recommendations for the best transportable mobility scooter (for a medium sized motorhome garage) (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi all I am looking for any recommendations for a transportable mobility scooter for my GF to put in a medium sized MH garage. Have been looking at the heavy duty version of the http://www.supascoota.co.uk/ but its twice the price of the some of the ones on Ebay !!! anyone using one of these ??? Any other recommendations ? I like the idea of in MH charging whilst travelling but will buy a bigger invertor if necessary for that. Probably needs to do 8-10 miles max on a charge and/or spare battery, and probably not on roads just footpaths and cycle paths. TIA for any recommendations/tips (y)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
wheels dont look very big on the supascooter, so ground clearance may be a problem. I have a few scooters I have been playing with in the past, including a very small fold flat one for popping in the boot, and ideal for shops, and then a shoprider cadiz, which is the best all rounder. It has independant suspension, and a large comfy seat. I use two 110 amp leisure batteries on the shoprider, which will keep me looking round shows or shops all day. The sensible way though is to buy a lithium battery pack, or two if you can afford. They are extremely light, and can have large amp storage, but cost around £600. A decent shoprider cadiz or similar would be about £3oo on ebay, so you could have a good set up for about a grand. The lithium battery will charge up in a fraction of the time aswell. There are also the sort rider three wheel scooters that look like a harley davison, and will go anywhere, but they are about £3.000. and I dont think they fold down very well, unless you start taking them to pieces.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
the shoprider cadiz looks a nice scooter but would need a decent set of ramps to get into the garage, depending on the size of the garage of course, because it would be far too heavy to lift..

personally, as well as my midwheel powerchair, i use a go go elite traveller four (far less liable to tip) wheeled scooter that comes apart in a matter of a couple of minutes to stow away easily, ground clearance looks to be better than that of the supascoota and costs a heck of a lot less..
can buy brand new from places like lloyds pharmacy for less than five hundred quid..
have had mine for about seven years now and used it regularly on rough'ish ground and grass at music festivals and meets, even though everyone said it wouldn't be robust enough, have proved them otherwise.. :)
and of course it's not too big to use inside shops, cafes etc..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Probably Not what you are looking for but:- http://www.travelscoot.com We have one for travelling back and forth to the USA. It folds to a golf bag size and with the Li Iron battery we have yet to run out of "juice".!! Its not the best on gravel (small wheels) but great in the Shops (SWMBO`s Hunting Ground!!!) and we use it a lot for sight seeing etc;

The best thing (For us) is that BA and some other airlines will take it in the cabin. saving time on check in and boarding.

Pete

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I bought my wife a mercury prism 4 off ebay last year almost new and I paid £235 for it, it folds and dismantles in seconds and easy to lift into boot of car. I've also recently bought a second hand battery holder and 2 new batteries again from ebay.

John.

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
I tried one of the superscoota's at the recent Naidex exhibition. I'm 6.3" tall and 21 stone and I coped very well with it. Mind you that was at the NEC, not on gravel/grass etc. If I wanted just a town/tarmac scooter, this would do, but no rough stuff.
I like the "golf" Eleckrocarts, but expensive and would have to go to the top one to take my weight. Have a look at the Disabled Ramblers website for a second hand one.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Have a look at Broken Link Removed website- very good prices, bought the road king 3 1/2 years ago, I have used it a lot and in really rough terrain and never had anything break, just had a couple of punctures that's all. We use a winch to put it in the garage (that's when it's complete). It can also be broken down but some parts are heavy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back