Recommendations for internet in Spain this winter? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Currently have an EE card in my MiFi unit..
Bought it from Curries very cheaply with the EE sim on a £10 contract.
It has been amazing all summer, but as we are leaving for Spain in January so have now cancelled the EE account and will be going with a 3 payg sim in December
The MiFi unit is one that I can unlock with a code so all should be well

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Currently have an EE card in my MiFi unit..
Bought it from Curries very cheaply with the EE sim on a £10 contract.
It has been amazing all summer, but as we are leaving for Spain in January so have now cancelled the EE account and will be going with a 3 payg sim in December
The MiFi unit is one that I can unlock with a code so all should be well
John, unlock code via fleabay works a treat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Thanks for your replies. But perhaps I have lost the plot here. I was asking about internet access for my laptop. And I understand SIM cards are a phone thing am I wrong? I was thinking that I would need a USB-based piece of kit. Am I wrong or is my misunderstanding the terminology here? Please clarify. Thank you.
DO I understand that your laptop has no Wireless card?. And therefore cannot get a WiFi Signal? If that is the case you will need one which plugs into a USB port. Plenty on the "Flea bay" I have this one ( Amazon product ASIN B006JWMOOI ) from Amazon which also doubles as a WiFi extender to bring in weak signals. Used it a lot in America where the WiFi can be a bit thin on some of the more remote pitches!

PS. Orange (EE) would not allow "Tethering" on PAYGo. the only ones I found was Giff-Gaff, which runs on the O2 network. I "Tether" my laptop to my Motorola G 4G LTE. on 4G and that's very quick!

Pete

Last edited:
OP
OP
muddywellies

muddywellies

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Varies in Europe
Funster No
MH
Ready to buy under 6m.
Exp
A MH virgin - but not for long!! ;-)
My laptop has both 2x and 3x usb ports and it also has switchable (on or off) wifi built in. My phone has 2x SIM SLOTS that can be run independent or simultaneously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
My laptop has both 2x and 3x usb ports and it also has switchable (on or off) wifi built in. My phone has 2x SIM SLOTS that can be run independent or simultaneously.

Sorry it was my interpretation of your O/P. Led me to assume you where using a Non WiFi device?. Your phone should be able to tether Though?. I am afraid I am no longer familiar with the latest "Foreign" Providers, since 2007/8. Back then I had a Spanish Vodaphone PAYGo sim, which was quite expensive to use. and could not be tethered. we relied almost exclusively on WiFi. Mc D`s where a favourite!!

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back