Recommendations for 'converters'

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Losos, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

OK, we're approaching 'make your mind up' time and have been discussing with a few firms who do conversions but would really like to know what you FUNSTERS have used and who you recommend. The more the better as I always feel if there's one firm out there which I've never heard of it's likely to be the one I really should be talking too if you follow my thinking :BigGrin:

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Losos,What type of van ? coach built or panel van conversion ?
    I see you list woodwork as a hobby,why not convert your own panel van ? to what and where you want things to be :thumb:
    see
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/self-builds/3046-terrys-self-build-project.html
    if you do not fancy doing one yourself, come and have a look at mine and my mate and me could do one for you if it is suitable.
    terry

3. Losos

Losos Read Only Funster

Thanks Terry, I may take you up on your offer :Smile: it will need to be a panel van conversion for reasons which are too boring to go into here :BigGrin: Right now I'm amazed to find the dealers I ring don't seem all that keen to sell me a base vehicle, you'd think they would be falling over themselves to sell Sprinters, masters, etc. wouldn't you !!

4. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Losos, have a good look and read of the costs involved (all new) :thumb: and remember it will cost the same to convert an old van as a newer / new one :Wink:You now have to trawl around and do the hard bit on deciding a layout :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    terry

5. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Having seen Terry's van I can confirm the build quality could not be bettered, well worth a look, you get what you want finished to a standard we would all like to get but seldom do.
    go for it you won't be disappointed.

6. Terry

Terry Funster

:Rofl1: Thanks for those kind words Roger :BigGrin: the chq is in the post :Rofl1::Rofl1:
    terry

7. madbluemad

madbluemad

Hi Losos. I used BMSESVA in In Weston Super Mare but WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THEM. I WOULD HOWEVER RECOMMEND Midland International in Coventry. Ive had a lot of work carried out by them and they have been excellent.

Jim
    :thumb: