Recommendations for campsites (1 Viewer)

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Hi guys, anyone got any recommendations for campsites in Croatia (Istria and the Northern Islands like Krk). Also any good ones in Austria and Slovenia? Preferably not huge ones which cater for kids as it's just myself and my girlfriend (we're both 30). Any advice will be much appreciated!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Danny, welcome to fun. I'm not sure how to post a link but search for a thread by @cliffandger called grand tour, they have just got back from 55 nights in Croatia. (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi guys, anyone got any recommendations for campsites in Croatia (Istria and the Northern Islands like Krk). Also any good ones in Austria and Slovenia? Preferably not huge ones which cater for kids as it's just myself and my girlfriend (we're both 30). Any advice will be much appreciated!

Hi Danny, as has been said, we returned from a trip to Croatia yesterday.
If you read my thread you can see which sites we stayed in. You don't say when you are thinking of going, so not sure if ACSI rates will apply.

Istria is lovely, with Rovinj for us the jewel in the crown. We stayed at a lovely site on Krk, in Orebic. We didn't visit any other islands, but stayed on Krk as it was easy to get there driving over the bridge.

There are vignettes to buy in Austria and Slovenia - you buy these in fuel stations. If your van is 3.5 tonnes of under its €8 in Austria (not sure how long it's valid for - we didn't stay in Austria for long - very wet, and very expensive sites! - and €15 in Slovenia for 7 days.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions. We covered Croatia quite thoroughly, and enjoyed every minute of it - as you'll see if you read the thread! (y)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Danny, I think to send/receive PMs (Conversations on here) you need to become a paid up member. Well worth the £15 a year. You'll not find a forum with more knowledgeable or helpful members than this one.

OP
OP
D

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Hi Danny, as has been said, we returned from a trip to Croatia yesterday.
If you read my thread you can see which sites we stayed in. You don't say when you are thinking of going, so not sure if ACSI rates will apply.

Istria is lovely, with Rovinj for us the jewel in the crown. We stayed at a lovely site on Krk, in Orebic. We didn't visit any other islands, but stayed on Krk as it was easy to get there driving over the bridge.

There are vignettes to buy in Austria and Slovenia - you buy these in fuel stations. If your van is 3.5 tonnes of under its €8 in Austria (not sure how long it's valid for - we didn't stay in Austria for long - very wet, and very expensive sites! - and €15 in Slovenia for 7 days.

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask any questions. We covered Croatia quite thoroughly, and enjoyed every minute of it - as you'll see if you read the thread! (y)
Thanks for all the replies guys, I've been putting the finishing touches to the van this weekend so I've only just seen the replies.

I'm reading about your grand tour now and it sounds great! Do people book campsites in general or do they just turn up?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

DannyMontez

Free Member
Jun 23, 2016
Brighton
Funster No
MH
VW T4
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for the replies guys, i'll check out those 2. We're focusing on northern Croatia as we've done Dalmatia the last few years (though not camping). Krk works out nicely as it's near Rijeka which we will be visiting as my girlfriend has family there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back