Recommendations - Champagne Area (1 Viewer)

alan.watson

Free Member
Sep 21, 2009
Funster No
We are visiting the Champagne Area of France for first time in June and am looking for recommendations of good locations for Motorhomes.

My wife is very fussy about the state and cleanliness of the Showers/Toilets so a good Campsite / Resort is ideal.

Ideally would like somewhere we me as the driver can also enjoy the tasting sessions - and so not drive - so any sites close to Vineyards or close to Towns where we can take Tasting Tours will be most welcome.

We plan a 4 day Stay at least with Friends coming out from UK by Eurostar/TGV - so an added complications is a hotel close by for them

Any ideas, recommendations will be most welcome. Sorry to be so demanding in requirements.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Epernay - "Capital du Champagne". There's a really good municipal site on the edge of town with a bus service - albeit infrequent - from just outside the site into town. The driver, Marie-Lynn, took me on a personal tour of the town and recommended the visit to Mercier as the best presentation of all the producteurs. I was not disappointed ! From the ride in the lift down to the caves, then on the little train through the caves and back up to tasting 3 different champagnes it was memorable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back