Recommendation gaslow

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

THINKING of haveing gaslow fitted to van can any one recommend where to go to have it fitted

2. 656

656 Read Only Funster

We had it fitted at the Peterborough show in 2006 by CMR. I lived in the van for 18 months and it paid for its self in the first year.

3. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

You can always come to us :BigGrin:

Peter

5. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Hi, had aluminum bottles fitted by Conrad Anderson at Birmingham, half the weight, same price, as recomended by Bob!

S

6. niggle

niggle Banned - Rule 1

:Laughing: gas low h/q in yateley camberley surrey ,,then no call out charge,plus they do a better job than at the shows [ no rush ] to fit people in :Laughing:

7. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

well if you give us a price then we might just come down to you if price is for all in

8. lunarman

lunarman Funster

9. Northerner

Northerner Read Only Funster

10. EVVO

EVVO Read Only Funster

I fitted mine myself. It is really easy.

11. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

If you can cover the extra cost, a bulk tank fitted to the chassis puts the weight in the right place and frees off the gas locker for something else. I have a tank fitted between the step and the forward spring hanger, there is enough room for a 70 ltr tank.

Doug...

12. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

i bought mine from here http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/ and fitted myself in about an hour , a mate came round with an lpg pump( he uses to fill his car tank up) and we topped the gaslow bottle up from a calor bottle i had in the garage to check for leaks ,

13. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi, are the aluminum bottles refillable like gaslow...if yes what weight difference are they between the aluminum and the metal gaslow..and what would be the price for two 11or13kg bottles......and all the equipment to fit yourself :BigGrin:....or fitted:Smile:

Mel:thumb:

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Fitted mine myself in about 20 minutes.. Bit brain dead this morning but think it was the Autogas version ( def NOT Gaslow as it was pretty much the same as the system I went for but 45% dearer !!! )

15. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

there is a bit of differance in the weight , but the reason i went for gaslow was the room in the gas locker, the ally bottles are a bit taller than gas low

ally bottle 11kg = 6.3 Kg , hight 600mm

gaslow 11kg = 11.5kg , hight 580mm

16. bobandjanie

Hi Mel, I fitted Gaslow myself in the last van, then moved it to this van.:BigGrin: So had it for the last 4 years.:Smile:

When Sue ( The only Sue ) was talking about having it fitted I had been looking at the Aluminium Gas Bottles at a show on Conrad Anderson stand and the 11kg bottle only weighs 6.3kg empty about half the weight of the Gaslow bottles.

And said to Sue, if I was to do it again I would go for " Aluminium Gas Bottles " they are the same refillable with 80% cut off valve, anyway Sue had hers fitted and that got me thinking. :Doh:

So we went ahead and got some. :thumb:

Easy to fit, the worst job is make the hole for the filler, but some people put it in the locker. :Smile:

As we already had all the fittings, we only had to buy the bottles. :thumb:

Got mine here:

http://www.gasit.co.uk/cubecart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=93

Loads of Autogas in France.:Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.

17. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Thanks BOB, Very helpful, and thank you to the other two funsters much appreciated.

Mel :thumb::BigGrin:

18. sedge

sedge Funster

The batty thing we found was that the big (11kg are they?) Gaslow bottles were too FAT to go through the locker door on our van! - so we had to have the 6kg ones. But if we start off full, in a 3+ week trip to France we'd only have to fill up once.

I should mention that most likely wouldn't include more than one or two nights on EHU and we do use the whole of the stove inc the oven all the time, don't even possess a portable BBQ. So the small ones are plenty big enough - unless you go somewhere where Gas isn't.

Our filler is inside the locker. We had a young Shell service station manager on a French motorway having a complete hissy fit at us, we'd just filled up with a few Euros worth and Pete was removing the adaptor when he came over to stop us filling, as he said the van would explode. Pete said Oh we'll just go then, you won't want us to stop and pay you, will you? but apparently he did, so we parked it and went in and had a leisurely lunch. That's the only time for that but we thought we'd prolly try and avoid Shell stations in future!!

19. bobandjanie

Hi, they do like the filler on the outside of the van, two years ago when we did the baltic coast in Germany, they always checked to see what you were filling of filled for you, sometimes the pump was in a cage locked up, if it was on the forecourt it would not be turned On till they checked you, :Doh: our filler is outside so no problems. :BigGrin:

I would say some germans are filling the normal German bottles with some dodgy adaptor, and they have stopped it. :Wink: :Rofl1::Rofl1: Bob.

20. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

We do not have the issues of bottles

That is the big advantage of an American RV.. we have a nice big LPG tank fitted as standard and that can keep us running for a very long time and we just pull up to a pump and fill it as you do petrol.

Lot said for going fo an under the van tank as previously said saves you a lot of space and I suspect area wise it is a lot lot lighter than the metal tanks used Gaslow.

I often wonder if it is just the advertsing that makes people pay over the top for systems.. clearly there are some very good deals about in various materials so I woul look around and see what you can find and if you feel able fit your own and save even more money.

Bob:thumb: