Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mine is HD its a cello traveller 2 . Roy
Found one Roy (y)
ACDCTV site has them .....
Our 22" Cello has been and does perform really well so changing it to the 24" version is spot on (y)
Many thanks to one and all for all the suggestions :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a 19" Cello Traveller has been very good, screen quality & viewing good sound crap but I run through the vans sound system, only criticism is the remote doesn't respond that well, and the sat tuner takes a while to tune in & looses favorites when you change sats but I use a seperate Icecrypt anyway.
Looking for a new 22" for the new van, the Finlux is £100 cheaper than the Cello but looking at the spec the contrast ratio is a lot lower and doesn't give viewing angles.

The complaints about Cello's appears to be about the standard Cello not the Traveller range.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We have a 19" Cello Traveller has been very good, screen quality & viewing good sound crap but I run through the vans sound system, only criticism is the remote doesn't respond that well, and the sat tuner takes a while to tune in & looses favorites when you change sats but I use a seperate Icecrypt anyway.
Looking for a new 22" for the new van, the Finlux is £100 cheaper than the Cello but looking at the spec the contrast ratio is a lot lower and doesn't give viewing angles.

The complaints about Cello's appears to be about the standard Cello not the Traveller range.
Yes, as mentioned we currently have a 22" Cello and we are very happy with it, so the 24" version should be a great upgrade for us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Thanks Moodybrook, Don't want that bloody great DVD box stuck on the side of it. (DVD's??? So last century love!) but nice of you to point that one out!

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
(DVD's??? So last century love!)

Beer mats ! I know, but there is a socket, usb thingy, to run a memory chip/external memory with saved program/films/music/phots etc. and the dvd bit is barely noticeable as the unit is quite slim.

Anyway it is only a diversionary manoeuvre for Mrs Moo whilst I escape golfing, fishing, hillwalking or anything meaningful for me ! Never watch the thing, all brain numbing propaganda for those waiting for god, apart from the golf and that is only/mainly on Sky so nothing for me on the box while away. ;)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for the heads up on Finlux TV's, they look perfect especially when comparing the price against Avtex.

22" Finlux 12v TV
Are the Finlux able to get French television. It's all HD now and that's why I want to change our Avtex. I did see what I thought was a set top box for sale in Cite Europe but a tad rushed. The TV is really good but no tele in France. SWMBO loves football.
The other thing is, if the set top box is like when we changed over to digital, would it work in Germany, Italy etc when they go to HD?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We recently changed an older model Avtex 18.5" for a new 21.5" L218DRS. No doubt it is priced on the high side, but I didn't like the Vision Plus offering and didn't have opportunity to see a Cello in the flesh. I was considering taking a punt on the Cello, but got cold feet from various reviews on here and the interweb. I didn't find a Finlux with free to air satellite tuner. So stuck with the devil we know which, to be fair, is much better than the older model it replaced and it came with a 5 year warranty from John Lewis.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Yes the Avtex is pricey but you get what you pay for, ours has a fantastic picture and also the sound quality is excellent.
If this packs up we would buy another Avtex.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back