Recommend an Aire in Florence please

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bashers, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bashers

bashers Read Only Funster

Any recommendations of camper stops in Florence or Siena please

Planning to spend a few days in each over the next two weeks and need a good and safe aire.
    Dont mind a few euros per night, but no campsites (not that there are any left open now)

I've got a list of a few but if anyone has any personal experience that would be great
    Needs to be a decent size to get my 31ft RV in, but doesn't need any other facilities

Cheers in advance

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Sienna

Camping Car Infos lists some Sostas in Sienna. Having driven past the largest central one (€20 per night - site number 516) I would not use it as is is in the middle of a dual carriage-way and part of a coach park.

There is one to the north of the city that looks OK - it is listed on CC-Infos as Italian site number 112. I note it is not available on 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month - market presumably.
    Co-ords are: 43.34230n, 11.30505e

Whenever we have been, we have camped at a great site in Sovicille (7 miles out) and caught the bus into Sienna, but it will be closed now (30 Sept). You might consider free-parking in a village and using the bus into town unless your RV is a bit big to look inconspicuous in the corner of the market square!

Philip

3. bashers

bashers Read Only Funster

conspicous?
    slightly!
    we're 31 ft long and take up four car spaces and six on the angled Italian ones

not that that inhibits us much. thanks for the hints