Reclassify RV from Lorry to Bus ? (1 Viewer)

U

ukrv

Deleted User
Not wishing to get too serious about this one but,

What would happen if you attempted to change the classification of your RV from a PHGV to a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV).

My RV has seatbelts for a driver and 9 passengers. Driver (thankfully) and 3 seats are forward facing, 4 are sideways facing and 2 back-facing. Only driver and co-pilot has 3-point belts, others have lap belts (but then most Busses, for short journeys, dont even have seatbelts).

My V5 only states 2 seats as I was advised to declare it that way (right or wrong?).

The bus wouldnt be for hire or reward etc.

What would be involved? - other than a PCV Licence (one presumes).

Tax Disc?
MOT?
Tacho?

I was just curious - don't think it would be worth changing (assuming you could anyway) but you never know until you ask.

Paul

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
good post ukrv....my rv has on logbook 10 seats does this mean i can carry 10 passengers? it is a 8 berth rv so does that mean only 8 passengers?what about the weight issue what is the law on this?

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Coach or lorry

Hi

If I wan to to drive a coach on my PCV licence, I can. Take out the seats, add a shower, cooker etc and the status of the vehicle can be changed.......to either private goods vehicle of heavy goods vehicle.

Keep it registered as a coach, and as the operator of the coach, you need an operators licence!

So in theory, a coach driver could buy a vehicle he has driven for donkeys years, reclassify it as HGV, and then have to take a new driving test - in a lorry!

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hear, hear. As someone once said: "The Law is a Ass"

If you become too involved with abiding by the regulations then you begin to fail to see the whole picture...... for example....... What would have happened to those poor women who were jailed for Matricide on the evidence of an 'Expert' witness - if someone had not had the gumption to question the issue?

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

This is what the chap at Shepton was refering to. Talked about it being covered in the coronas.

stew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back