recipes ,for a 2 burner hob ???

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by dogmanlpool, Sep 26, 2009.

1. dogmanlpool

dogmanlpool Read Only Funster

hello i need some help ? recently jus purchased a talbot hobby ? but the problem is that i only have a 2burner hob and am tryn to think of things to cook that dosnt need an oven apart from the genaral things that ye can cook ? any tips or even a recipe that will come in handy coz when i go on my trip to europe i will be doin most of the cooking in my van to save money so all hands to the pump as they say and help or i mite starve :Rofl1: thanks keith

2. solitaire woman

solitaire woman Read Only Funster

Best thing I ever bought was a slow cooker! Very cheap (£10 from Tesco) and you can cook loads of things in it.

3. Julie798

Julie798 Read Only Funster

cooking

Chilli
    spagetti
    Potatoe ash
    Paella
    stew fish/meat veg in all variations Lol !
    omelette
    stir fry
    and if you have a freezer, aunt bessies ready mash go with everything :Smile:

Enjoy !!!

4. Nexus

Nexus Read Only Funster

How about a Casserole, covers a multitude of food.

BrianG

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

If you don't already have buy a Wok, not a fancy non-stick, but a basic steel one as used by the Chinese.. once treated it's non stick and never wash in hot / soapy water, a wipe out with a paper towel is all that's required..

one plate to cook the potatoes, rice or pasta ..

in the Wok cook Indian curry, Chinese stir fry, bolognese sauce, beef stews etc .. can also do breakfast fry ups,

Woks are great for making taco filling or any of the rice-and-pea sort of dishes... I find nothing beats a wok for preparing an omelet, whether it's a plain cheese omelet or loaded with ham and vegetables.

Can also be used for tossing salads ..

Two plates... No problem ..

jim

6. lazydays

lazydays Read Only Funster

There’s a company that comes to our office once a month and leaves a collection of books for the staff to buy, a couple of months ago one of the books caught my eye and I bought it and now keep it in the van.

It’s called One Pot and Casseroles; it has loads of recipes for dishes that can be cooked using one pot. We’ve tried quite a few now and well impressed with the variety of different recipes. The book is published by Parragon. Queen Street House 4 Queen Street Bath BA1 1HE and retails at £5.99. Goggle it and I am pretty sure that you will get it cheaper. Good luck with your trip to Europe.

Dave

7. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

Buy a Skillet, they're brill, we have 3 burners (how posh are we:Rofl1:) and no oven. Never use more than 2 burners at a time.

It works like a mini oven. We have cooked, or should that be Kay, has cooked a Sunday lunch in it, jacket potatoes, whole chickens, stews, breakfasts, etc.

You can heat pizzas, pies, oven chips, etc.

Fabulous piece of kit, bit expensive £40 odd quid including the diffuser, but worth every penny. Works on a standard gas hob just like a saucepan, so you don't need hookup.

Saves on washing up too.

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

the ultimate cooking pot is a pressure cooker. less steam ,helps keep damp down .quick for every thing even joints. you can also do a kind of fruit cake if you are in the wilds and need cake. best tool i have . do chicken then cut into quarters then very quickly fry ,looks like they have been roasted. do spuds cut in half just slightly under cook then fry they also taste like roast. its possible to prepare and cook a xmas dinner in just over half an hour with pressurecooker. 15 minutes chicken 5 for spuds 5 for other veg . use water for gravy mix ,drop in xmas pud while you eat main course .quick custard n pudding for afters. only takes 2 rings . sit on taghazoute beach n watch the surf roll in . wont be long summer is coming. cheers alan
    ps, i use a small 3litre one ideal for two. also 5 itre for family size

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Beans in one pan.....Bangers in the other.

proper food.:thumb:

if your on hookup invest in a Ramoska or a double skillet.

the Ramoska only uses 400watts and will cook a whole chicken, roasties and anything else dry cooked at the same time. in a lot less time than a conventional oven too.
    also does pizza, toast (badly), stews/casseroles, bakes cakes/buns/breadrolls, baked spuds...infact anything you can think of.
    do you get the impression i like 'em?:Rofl1:

the double skillet sits on the hob (i think) and is two pans in one. one on top of the other.

10. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

recipes for a 2 burner hob

Hi. I bought from Argos a 3 tier steamer, GREAT TOOL!! you can steam your veg and also steam fish etc. all over the one gas ring. I also have an oval casserole to cook larger cuts of meat or fish, I have tried the skillets (very expensive) that are sold at the shows, but inside coating did not last long, so I bought in a ferreteria (hardware shop) in Benidorm a tortilla pan, it clips together just like a skillet, it's much better quality and it's less than half the price of the skillet. Happy cooking bambi 2 :thumb:

11. JJ

JJ Funster

I agree with Blisters... the double skillet (on sale at most of the shows) is brilliant... everything from toasted sandwiches to roasts...

JJ

12. Tantalus

Tantalus Funster

Another vote from here for the skillet.

Cook meat and potatoes in the bottom, veg in the top. Or
    Turn one pan over and make it into an oven.

I'm bragging again but I have 2. I think you'll only find them at the shows but their base is in Norfolk.

13. slickmouse

slickmouse Read Only Funster

Oh God this forum is getting worse, "How do i cook on Two burners! whats next ?

I've bought a kettle can i boil other things in it?

I've bought a can opener does it just open soup or can i use it to open other foods?

I've bought a petrol container but i have a diesel, do i have to buy another can?

Bloody hell its getting beyond a joke

14. Blisters

Blisters Read Only Funster

Comments like this would be better suited to the Dark Side.
    One here we all try to be helpful, whatever the question.

15. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Keith
    why not look at these combination oven/grill with 2 leci rings on top OR a cadac gas cooker for bbq,s etc ive done grills, curry in a frying pan, chili the list is endless and camping gas is in easy supply in Europe. Pete:thumb::thumb: Ps also we are getting a induction hob as the new van has no leci ring only 3 gas.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  16. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Couldn't agree more!

(and you're still here...... because?)

:Doh: :Rofl1:

17. dogmanlpool

i posted this on here cause am a newbie an have not done much cookn in motorhomes ???? it was intened to help me when am in europe on what things other people cook and do ye know sumthin never new anythin about a skillit untill i posted this ????? so i think the post worked for me and and prob a few others ok slickmouse thanks for the nasty ness keith :Angry:

18. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

It reminded me that I have a skillet ...as yet unused despite having had it for a year:Doh:

anyone have any recipes/ideas for one?

...there's always 'scouse' I suppose.....:Wink:

19. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

Comments like this are the very reason that I very rarely respond or ask questions on any forum. The other forum is RIFE with it.
    As the title say's FUN, lets see fun and not snide.

Don

20. dogmanlpool

well put don ? thanks keith:thumb: